St Andrew’s Speech and Language Therapy Team are a small centralised profession that work across a variety of Integrated Practice Units (IPUs), supporting patients with complex mental health and challenging behaviour needs. We offer specialist input for Speech, Language and Communication Needs and Dysphagia/Mealtime Support.
Due to re-structuring of the team, we are currently looking to recruit a Band 5 Speech and Language Therapist to our Northampton site. As a Band 5 you will be given the opportunity to experience working with a mixed clinical caseload that may include CAMHS, ASD, LD, Mental Health, ABI and Progressive Neurological Conditions through the lifespan. What we are looking for in you:
What you can expect from us:
- Evidence of student placement experience or working knowledge and clinical skills in Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Learning Difficulties or Mental Health conditions.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn. Ability to work in a secure hospital setting.
- Daily opportunities to work alongside and access Specialist and Highly Specialist SLT staff to further develop your confidence and competence across clinical pathways.
- Monthly SLT Department Team Meeting and CPD Events.
- An opportunity to work within a small dynamic, forward-thinking therapy team
- Protected time to engage in regular clinical supervision.
- Access to internal and external training events.
- Regular review of your developmental and training needs.
If you would like to know more about this post or are interested in arranging an informal visit please contact: Belinda Brown, Speech and Language Therapist on 01604 616319.
Closing Date: Sunday 10th February 2019
Interview Date: Friday 22nd February 2019