Sr. Analyst - Controls Center of Excellence
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Sr. analyst will serve as a key support person for all Risk and Control Refreshes and work closely with owners on documentation updates. This role will also directly support one half of the key process areas from an internal control standpoint including Risk and Control Matrices Management. The role will also support the Risk and Control Matrices across the US from a risk, controls, process flow, and gap resolution standpoint. The role will be a key control tester across the organization and maintain a refresh schedule for all process area control updates.
The main activities will be supporting the risk and control matrices refreshes across all Pearson. Although this role will report to one director, it will work on areas across the Pearson globe in terms of the Risk and Control Matrices refreshes. This role will have a US Process focus along with one half of the process areas in terms of process flow updates, control support and gap resolution. It will also perform testing across the globe.
The role will perform a significant amount of testing across the company. The role will also include performing all tool updates and ensuring documentation consistency across all processes. The role will be a key support person within the Director team for driving the control refresh process and managing Risk and Control Matrices updates within the director team, assisting with new control creation, performing process flow updates, and supporting gap resolutions.
● Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or related field.
● Approx. 1 -3 years' experience working in an audit/accounting/finance role and/or general experience with internal controls. Large audit firm experience highly preferred.
● Exceptional organization, time management skills and ability to multi-task.
● Experience evaluating ICFR/SOX requirements; identifying risks, controls, control gap analysis, and evaluating testing effectiveness.
● Excellent team-player and interpersonal skills: strong written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively across various levels in the organization.
● Project management experience; proven ability to continuously move forward multiple projects in various states.
● Ability to meet stringent reporting deadlines.
● Excellent influencing skills, including the ability to communicate complex financial and process issues to non-technical people.
● Flexible, analytical, focused on results and efficiency and able to work independently.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Hoboken
Work Locations: US-NJ-Hoboken-221 River 221 River Street Hoboken 07030
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 7, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801938