Sr Infrastructure Cloud Engineer
As the global leader in electronic testing, Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) validates the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Our customers’ high-stakes certification, licensure, admissions and other credentialing exams help people advance in technology, government and professional careers, as well as attain educational growth. Pearson VUE offers proctored exams through the world's largest network of test centers in addition to testing in online and unproctored environments.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). For more information, visit www.pearson.com.
In this exciting and fast-paced role you will help Pearson VUE in its move to the Cloud in a DevOps culture. You will be responsible for design, implementation and support of the Pearson VUE cloud infrastructure in a variety of cloud environments including AWS and Azure.
You will work closely within the Development and Operations organizations to support the design, automation, deployments of infrastructure and middleware. You should have technical experience in building infrastructure and applications for scalability, resiliency, availability, and recovery. A key portion of your job will be to help move from a traditional infrastructure deployment model to an infrastructure as code model with automation and monitoring via DevOps.
You should have excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to work across teams to create optimal business solutions. You should have the ability to effectively communicate with cloud computing vendors and service providers.
- Design of cloud infrastructure with a focus on AWS and Azure using industry best practices
- Delivery of Cloud infrastructure strategies aligned with business objectives with a focus on Cloud migrations
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including:
- Design, implementation and support of infrastructure automation
- Research new cloud technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to decrease costs and increase performance
- Assess and compare cloud native PaaS with cloud-enabled traditional infrastructure
- Mentor existing staff on cloud computing best practices and technology to drive cloud adoption
Required Education and Experience:
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline and/ or equivalent related development experience in lieu of degree?
- 10 years of infrastructure experience (firewalls, load balancer, AD, DNS, etc)
- 3 years experience with cloud infrastructure technologies (VPC, Vnet, Route53, Azure DNS, ELB, Azure LB, S3, Storage Accounts, Cloud Formation, IAM, RMS, etc)
- Strong understanding across cloud and infrastructure components (server, storage, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs
- 3 years experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment
- Solid coding and scripting experience
Desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience Scripting (PowerShell/Shell/Python)
- Experience with monitoring and analytical tools (Splunk, New Relic, SolarWinds)
- Experience with automation and provisioning tools (Chef/Puppet/Terraform)
- Experience working with various SDLC groups (Development, QA, Configuration Management) on project work as well as solving real time production system issues
- Familiarity with cloud based disaster recovery and HA system development
- Familiarity with networking equipment (load balancing/firewalls)
- AWS Certified Solution Architect is a plus
- MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with Windows and Linux-based operating system configuration, automation and management
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solutions focused, self-motivated and curious
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently
- Programming experience (Java, C\#, etc)
- Excellent technical analysis and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communication, documentation and reporting skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to meet time demands without compromising quality
- Experience in a global 24x7 environment strongly preferred
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations: US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley 5601 Green Valley Drive Suite 220 Bloomington 55437
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1803154