Sr. Manager - Digital Media Channels
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Digital Media Channels to sit within the Digital Marketing team and be accountable for the SEO and paid media performance of Pearson NA (SEM, SEO, Social, Display). This manager will work alongside equivalent discipline leads for eCRM/Demand Gen, Analytics, and Marketing operations. This role will require diplomatic, as well as technical skills. The Sr. Manager will be expected to bring their experience to executing campaigns, and influence and organize other marketing teams, including sales and technology partners, into high performance marketers.
The Sr. Manager role will require someone with experience in executing media campaigns (B2B and B2C/eCommerce) and wanting to step up into a strategic leadership role - setting out a vision for how Pearson can become a world-class digital media organization.
- Develop and socialize a NA media strategy, with collaboration with campaign marketers.
- Help shape and execute Pearson Marketing’s evolution into an advanced digital demand generation and ecommerce group.
- Lead a team that designs and executes paid media programs across product disciplines.
- Identify suppliers and vendors with whom Pearson can leverage media investment and construct appropriate deals and relationships to extract that value.
- Run and develop a high performance team, leveraging the most appropriate resource deployment (in-house vs. outsourced).
- Manage paid search, display, social media, and other media buys to establish KPI’s.
- Further paid media capabilities and sophistication.
- Be accountable for the ongoing improvement in paid media performance.
- Accelerate Pearson’s ability to track performance and manage to ROAS targets.
- Create and execute quantitative SEO strategy, supported by content, social/promotional, and on-page tactics.
- Recommend tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid media campaigns.
- Act upon website analytics related to paid media initiatives and campaigns.
- Recommend best practice in areas such as campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Recommend best practice in optimization of landing pages.
- 5 years of direct digital marketing experience focused on customer acquisition goals in the B2B and/or B2C space.
- Proven media planning and buying experience across digital channels (SEO, SEM, Display, Programmatic, Email, Affiliates.)
- Proven experience in paid social media.
- Comprehensive understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition.
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends.)
- In-depth understanding of modern media technology; Adwords/Kenshoo, DoubleClick, DSP/Programmatic, Spinkler, etc.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in paid media.
- Confident presenter and trainer able to command attention and interest and share discipline expertise.
- Strong relationship builder with an ability to build networks.
- Powerful interpersonal skills with an ability to influence.
- Personification of the Pearson values.
- Digital Analytics
- Performance Marketing - Display/Programmatic/SEM & SEO/Affiliates/Social
- Marketing Technology
- Content Marketing
- Ecommerce Campaigns
- Lead gen Campaigns
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-RE-Remote
Work Locations: US-Remote Remote
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 2, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1803613