The Reliability Engineers (RE) serve as the primary point of contact for reliability strategy, long term engineering evaluations and reliability programme implementation with the primary goal of ensuring unit availability and optimizing life cycle costs. The RE will interact with the Maintenance Superintendents, Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Planners, Operations Superintendent, Operations Specialists and Optimization Engineers for long term mechanical integrity and reliability issues. The RE will also interface with the ME to gain inputs into the long term reliability plan and to incorporate key reliability objectives into routine maintenance work. The RE will work with the Reliability Team to solve asset reliability issues with the Reliability Engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SME's).
- Utilizes various reliability tools in support of continuous improvement including leading or supporting key activities of the reliability program.
- Responsible for maintaining a unit availability perspective and an equipment reliability strategy. This includes documenting problematic equipment and providing input into the maintenance, operations and turnaround strategies.
- Responsible for analyzing data and providing input and context to operational and maintenance activities.
- Support the overall life cycle cost of the asset to meet business strategies by providing input to the following items.
- Serves to flag and advise the production team with regard to risks related to equipment reliability, unit availability and mechanical integrity.
- Provides reliability focused oversight for discipline engineering.
- Providing input into the yearly budgets based upon knowledge of the inspection, unit reliability plans, and the PM requirements.
- Provides "Area Influence" (ownership and direction) related to discipline engineering for cycle turnaround activites.
- Identifies reliability/availability improvement type projects and develops initial justification, incentives and business value to support the funding request.
- Input to large (capital or expense funded) projects
- Play a leading role in the coaching and development of more junior engineers in the department, including new hires.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
5 plus years plant engineering experience
Experience as a contact/maintenance/unit engineer
Reliability analysis/modeling experience