Sr. Software Quality Analyst
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Sr. Software Quality Analyst performs complex testing tasks requiring planning, scheduling, and testing to assure that developed products meet requirement and design specifications. In this role you will also work with the product QA team to create and implement a long-term vision to advance the automated smoke test framework and other testing tools. You will collaborate with the product manager, business analysts, ITPMs, developers, and testers within and across teams.
- Ensure that all system deliverables meet quality objectives in functionality, performance, stability, security, accessibility and data quality.
- Prepare, review, and approve testing-related documentation, including test plans, test cases/scripts, and bug reports assessing quality and associated risk.
- Define and participate actively in functional, system, integration and regression testing activities within project timelines, identifying software problems and their root cause.
- Create, update, and review defect tracking logs and work with project teams to ensure that all defects are resolved across all projects.
- Contribute to and communicate software quality engineering best practices to increase the quality of the software being deployed.
- Define, maintain and enhance test case standards.
- Develop testing tools and templates.
- Act as Quality Assurance delegate for cross project awareness/quality control and standards.
- Assist development team in the analysis, reproduction and resolution of production issues
- Contribute to QA process improvements
- Drive effective technical execution and communication as a member of Agile scrum teams.
- Team with product management, developers, DevOps, and other teams in release planning and coordination.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology discipline.
- 5 years of experience in quality assurance testing and automation.
- Automated testing and data validation experience for high volume and large data sets.
- Software Quality Engineering experience - including functional, systems integration, automation, performance, and security.
- Strong practical QA principles and practices including test strategy, planning, execution and automation.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Strong technical skills in SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- Programming experience, preferably Java and Perl.
- Ability to define, organize, implement, and execute testing processes within the test team
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Work Locations: US-IA-Iowa City-2510 North Dodge 2510 North Dodge Street Iowa City 52245
Organization: Assessments School
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 24, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809473
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled