Standard Verifiers BTEC - Security
Closing date: 22 September 2018 at midnight
BTEC SECURITY STANDARDS VERIFIER
Purpose of this role:
Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions and records for BTEC Security qualifications within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) in order to affirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld.
Support, advise and guide centres based on the outcomes of the sampling process.
Direct centres in the delivery of BTEC Security qualifications towards the achievement of national standards.
For BTEC Security qualifications the Standards Verifier will:
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to verify that assessment outcomes, assessment and internal verification processes meet national standards
- Provide sector-specific support, advice and guidance to centres
- Produce reports for centres and Edexcel on the: sampling undertaken; outcomes reached and support provided
- Recommend limited certification, certification deferral or registration deferral where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national standards are not met
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
- Report back to Edexcel and centres following SV activity within agreed service-level agreements
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of BTEC Assessment in relation to this role.
- Hold a formal teaching or training qualification (Awarded by an HEI or NQF/QCF/RQF qualification awarded by a recognised Awarding Organisation).
- Demonstrate that they have the necessary experience, knowledge and understanding of the security sector.
- Provide evidence of occupational experience will include experience of working in the private security industry or working in a role that can be mapped to the requirements of the private security industry. There should be evidence of three years frontline operational experience in the last ten in the UK, relevant to security qualifications.
- Demonstrate they are keeping their occupational expertise up to date with the equivalent of at least thirty hours every year spent in a combination of training, increasing professional knowledge through other means or working in the security industry.
- A willingness to engage in online training and standardisation and to use technology based approaches for communication and centre support
- Experience in delivering and assessing BTEC Security
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, IT) and good interpersonal skills
- A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
- A customer-focused approach
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop and monitor clear action plans
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on Edexcel’s behalf and not to operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description
- Word processing and basic spreadsheet manipulation
Any associate undertaking this role must:
- Have personal IT equipment capable of running Edexcel required software
- Have a suitable internet connection
- Have a personal and secure email account
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland
- Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
- Have availability for a minimum of 8 allocations in any given year
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for work
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI.