Standard Verifiers NVQ and Apprenticeships - Senior Healthcare Support Worker- Adult Nursing Support
Closing date: 02 December 2019 at midnight
We are currently recruiting for Standards Verifiers for our Adult Nursing Support sector.
Purpose of this role
Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions and records for competence-based qualifications within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) in order to affirm that national occupational standards have been achieved and upheld. Support, advise and guide centres based on the outcomes of the sampling process. Direct centres in the delivery of competence-based qualifications towards the achievement of national occupational standards.
Applicants must have significant experience of delivering and assessing NVQs at level 1-3, hold D32/D33 or A1 qualifications, and hold/be working towards the V1 or the Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
A good working knowledge of the relevant specifications, and evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications are also required.
For competence-based qualifications for the sector(s) for which occupational competency is demonstrated, the Standards Verifier NVQ will:
- Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to verify that assessment outcomes, assessment and internal verification processes meet national occupational standards
- Provide sector-specific support, advice and guidance to centres
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on the: sampling undertaken; outcomes reached and support provided
- To recommend limited certification, certification deferral or registration deferral where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national occupational standards are not met
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national occupational standards are not being upheld
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
- Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity within agreed service-level agreements
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of WBL Assessment in relation to this role
Experience Required :
In order to be considered for the role, you must be occupationally competent in Adult Nursing. Please refer to attached Apprenticeship standards for guidance on specific requirements.
Se nior adult nursing support workers look after adults in a range of settings, duties will vary accordingly. Some people you support have short term needs; for example they have sustained an injury. Others may have long-term conditions which affect them every day, all their lives for example asthma, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, dementia, depression, stroke or arthritis. Many people suffer from more than one condition for example an older person who has sustained a fall and has a wound that needs regular dressing, may also have heart disease. Some people will need round the clock care, being able to do very little for themselves, requiring you to look after all their personal needs including feeding, washing, going to the toilet as well as carrying out clinical tasks like checking their blood pressure or pulse.
- Significant experience in delivering and assessing NVQs
- Hold D32/D33 or A1 qualifications, and hold/be working towards the V1 or the Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) in the field of assessment and delivery of vocational qualifications.
- A willingness to engage in online training and standardisation and to use technology-based approaches for communication and centre support Significant experience in delivering and assessing NVQs.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills
- A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role
- A customer-focused approach
- Time management and ability to develop and monitor clear action plans
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to understand the implications of decisions taken on Pearson’s behalf and not to operate outside the sphere of responsibility defined within this job description
- Word processing and basic spreadsheet manipulation
Any associate undertaking this role must:
- Have personal IT equipment capable of running Pearson required software Have a suitable internet connection
- Have a personal and secure email account
- Have a postal address in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland Declare any conflicts of interest that could impact on the role
- Have availability for a minimum of 8 allocations in any given year
- Abide by the terms of conditions as stated in the contract for word