At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Researcher (Assessment/Statistical Specialist)
Fixed term contract (6 Months)
The role will support the analysis of data for specific projects managed by the Test Development Group which is part of the Assessment function in English language publishing and testing. The role will involve consulting with others to agree data requirements for specific projects and analysing data to draw appropriate conclusions.
The role is supported in a team of specialist with statistical knowledge and led by a Psychometrician. The post holder will be supported across all projects by this team.
- Ensure international standards of data protection are adhered to
- Ensure data is stored in appropriate formats to ensure ease of analysis and appropriate security
- Ensure procedures are in place to manage data requirements
- Update statistics stored in proprietary databases and other systems
- Support the data analysis for specific projects
- Assist psychometric staff in producing item statistics and/or any regular quality control analysis and ensure items are calibrated
- For particular assessments co-ordinate item and test analysis ensuring data is available for awarding, item evaluation and other internal processes
- Reporting reliability and validity statistics including test form performance, cohort performance, and performance in relation to geographic distribution
- Communicating effectively and sensitively with colleagues and customers around the world, from a variety of cultures
- Training on and use advanced IT packages for data analysis
- Research and reporting on aspects of item development and security to a wider audience including conferences related to best practice in testing
- Liaising with staff members within the company responsible for production, administration and business development to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow.
- Provide statistical support to the Head of Statistics and Psychometrics.
- Ensure quality and security standards are always met
- Improving processes and finding efficiencies
- Working innovatively within defined processes
- International nature of business
- Working to tight deadlines
- Working with different stakeholders
- Managing projects which are running concurrently
- Educated to graduate level.
- Experience in conducting statistical analysis.
- Training on and use of advanced IT packages; eg SQL, SPSS, R.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Good Programming skills eg. Python, VBA
- Logical thinking.
- Mathematics, Statistics or other university degree with a level of Mathematics content.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of test development processes and good practice.
- Experience of introducing new procedures.
- Database skills.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Job: Professional Development
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2018
Job Unposting: Aug 17, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1810951
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled