At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Responsible for all Equipment table and Miscellaneous account holdings which are associated with Mechanical Training Section, and as follows
- Issue tools and stores to Trainer’s and Trainee’s as required.
- Maintain a register of daily issues and receipts and report any discrepancies accordingly.
- Ensure all tools are clean and serviceable when issued and returned to the store
- Responsible for the security of thstoresrea. Responsible for managing the calibration of all specialist tools and equipment’s on charge to Mechanical Training.
- Stock management of Mechanical Training holdings of consumable item in support of training.
- Stock management of the Mechanical Training holdings of lifting equipment’s.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as deemed appropriate and commensurate to the grade.
- Responsible for reporting any faults and repairs to Mechanical Training Building 10 through Babcock Service support desk and obtaining and recording updates as required.
- Responsible for the day management and control of all COSHH items held and used within Mechanical Training.
- Account for and demand all tools &stores when necessary
- Monitor the equipment daily issue register for any outstanding tools or stores which need tobe returned to thestore.
- Submit monthly laundry lists of stores demands.
- Maintain close liaison with the main store to monitor demands for tools and equipment asnecessary.
- Maintain safety helmet registers in accordance with PPE at Work Regulations 1992.
- Maintain an adequate supply of barrier cream, hand cleaning materials (ensuring dispensing equipment is serviceable as applicable), disposable gloves for use by Trainee’s andStaff.
- Carry outany reasonable request by Phase Manager. MANAGEMENT/COMMUNICATION
- To communicate honestly with your Phase and Departmental Manager.
- To be responsible for your own time and attendance at work.
- To achieve deadlines/targets set by your Line Manager/Management.
- To work within the departmental budget and assist in the control of costs.
- ToassistyourLineManagerwiththeimplementationofchangeswithinthe department.
- To communicate and liaise with all other departments as required.
- To assist the Phase Manager in working towards the Company Business Plan (CBP) and Long term/Strategicobjectives REVIEWS
* &* PLANNING
- Set my annual goals in discussion with my Departmental Manager in a timelymanner and provide evidence of achievement throughout the reporting period TRAIN
I* *NG &* *EVALUATION
- To ensure that youreceiveany agreed training that has been identified either at appraisal or outside ofappraisal.
- To complete requests for training documentation and discuss this fully with your Phase Manager in a timelymanner in line with the Staff Training Procedure.
- In conjunction with your Phase Manager evaluate the effectiveness of the training and development activities you haveundertaken.
- To effectively utilise new skills from yourtraining. RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work within the Company’s Quality procedures within relevantdepartments.
- To assist in working towards &maintaining the IIP standard.
- Conform to Health and Safety at Work Regulations and environmental issues.
- Conform to actions necessary in cases of accident orfire.
- To keep your work area clean andsafe.
- Toundertake/perform other duties associated with this role, byagreement.
- To act as an ambassador for theCompany.
(to either hold or be working towards as directed by Departmental Manager.)
- Attend and/or have attended Manual Handling Training
- Hold a suitable store keepers qualification.
- Hold a First Aid at Work certificate (highlydesirable).
Primary Location: GB-GB-Rochester
Work Locations: GB-Rochester-Islingham Farm Road RSME Wainscott Barracks Islingham Farm Road Rochester ME3 8BD
Job: Real Estate and Facilities
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 3, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1806815
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.