Do you want to help us make Essex a better place to live and work?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable person to join the East Anglia Partnerships and Strategic Overview team. Your work will be conducted in a positive environment that makes staff happier; focuses on health, safety, and wellbeing; encourages leadership and supports your development.
The successful candidate will have a varied workload working alongside partners to manage flood risk effectively. You'll help support other members of the team in the delivery of Flood Risk Management outcomes through the Environment Agency and Lead Local Flood Authority led Projects.
You'll engage with our customers and partners to provide great service whilst integrating and realising efficiencies throughout delivery of our flood risk management programme.
Working closely with other teams, you can expect to be involved in, amongst other things:
• Supporting the development of a pipeline of projects to strengthen both the existing and future work programmes.
• Working with both Public and Private partners to achieve our flood risk management outcomes for our communities.
•Working and supporting Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFA’s) in the Essex Area.
•Continuing our great working relationships with our Risk Management Authority partners.
The Partnerships and Strategic Overview team (PSO) work with all Risk Management Authorities (RMA) and communities to design, develop, fund, and deliver flood risk management schemes to reduce flood risk to communities.
We compile, manage, and use the best available evidence through our mapping, modelling and data work to inform our long-term plans and investment programme. PSO also provide advice for development proposals to influence the location and design of new developments.
You'll need to demonstrate ability in the following areas:
• Proven organisational and interpersonal skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to understand and interpret environmental legislation and policy documents
• Practical approach to problem solving
• Proactive approach and fresh perspective will ensure you’re always looking towards continuous improvement
• A proven record of working with customers and delivering on time
• A full UK driving license
It would be helpful, but not essential, if you had:
• GIS and data analysis skills
• a degree in an Engineering or Environmental discipline or hold equivalent experience.
Everyone starting in a new role with the Environment Agency will be welcomed into the team and given all of the training and support needed to succeed. There are fully funded opportunities to develop further academic/professional qualifications.
For more info on working with us see https://environmentagencycareers.co.uk/
Contact and additional information
In East Anglia we want to create a diverse workplace where people’s views are respected, valued and listened to. We’re all different, and by embracing Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) we can become an equal opportunity employer where we grow and learn together.
It is our ambition to champion diversity through building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
We offer an extensive range of employee benefits.
The post is full-time although requests for other work patterns will be considered based on the requirements of the organisation.
The Environment Agency take part in incident response. You'll be encouraged to get involved and support this depending on your role and circumstances.
If you have any questions please contact the hiring manager: Graham Brown email@example.com