The role of G4 Strategic Governance Senior Officer is primarily focused on managing business and secretariat support to these key forums and enabling them to discharge their responsibilities. The Senior Officer will ensure the implementation of effective governance by providing expert knowledge and advise to the business, and in setting and maintaining relevant and legally compliant information and data policies and standards.
Working for the organisation is fast paced but rewarding. You will have the opportunity to empower programmes and projects in the implementation of safeguards to improve how the agency works operationally. You will be responsible for maintaining governance best practice to ensure the organisations information risks and investment are discussed in the right forums.
There is no average day, but you will work as a team to raise the profile and importance of information management and security, interacting with teams from across the agency. We are looking for people who can bring fresh ideas based on industry best practice, and modern technology.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete a SC Enhanced clearance before commencing the role with the ability to obtain a DV clearance within the first 12 months in post
As part of a team of information management professionals, you will be using your skills and expertise to:
• Manage and coordinate secretariat support to data governance forums to ensure the priorities of the Agency are met and appropriate standards maintained. Organise and coordinate the preparation and presentation of reports for internal Groups, Boards, Committees and other stakeholders.
• Support good information/data management governance and compliance across the agency by providing professional advice on the practical use of data and the application of Chief Data Office owned Policy and Operating Procedures, in particular in relation to Bulk Personal Datasets and manage the provision of advice, guidance and training with these processes to enable officers to engage and comply.
• Embed good records and information management practice in the day to day activity of officers with the team, identifying both best practice and areas for improvement.
• Promote awareness, assurance and compliance with information management standards at all levels of the Organisation and provide advice and guidance to enable officers to engage and comply with these standards.
• Prioritise resources to ensure work is planned and completed within agreed timescales and meets high quality standards.
• Promote the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information and develop policy, reports, and procedures and manage data systems across business areas.
• Maintain oversight of delivery against compliance in relation to Bulk Personal Data sets ensuring these are reflected in risk registers as appropriate.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***