Student Services Advisor
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are looking to recruit a Student Services Advisor to provide a high quality customer focused frontline service for the college. This will include enrolling and giving students advice over the phone, on email and in person. assisting with the assessment processes through to graduation. The post holder will carry out a variety of administrative tasks associated with the running of a busy College and provide of a high quality service for students, staff and visitors.
- To be the first point of contact for all student enquiries and to give high quality initial information and advice to students regarding the College’s provision.
- To accurately and efficiently enrol students in accordance with College procedures.
- Update of student information on the College’s student records system (SITS), ensuring data is accurate, consistent and up to date; including student personal details, module registration, marks entry
- To assist with the preparation, organisation and running of the colleges examinations and assessment activities
- Monitor student attendance to ensure that any potential issues are identified and addressed promptly
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Student Administration as required.
- Format, prepare and copy documents for assessments
- Respond to enquiries face to face, by phone, letter and e-mail, from applicants, students, staff and other external customers.
Knowledge and Qualifications Required
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in an administrative environment.
- IT experience in a Windows environment, including use of databases.
- A good standard of education, including written English.
- Knowledge of Higher Education would be desirable
- Previous experience of SITS student records system would be desirable
Skills and Competencies Needed
- Ability to interface with diverse groups of individuals, with confidence and clarity, providing excellent customer service
- Ability to summarise and take succinct, clear notes of meetings and discussions.
- Experience of word processing, databases (data input and information retrieval), spreadsheets and email.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about sensitive issues.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others.
- Works to meet quality standards with a habit of checking own work for accuracy and presentation standards.
- Ability to organise own tasks and activities in a systematic way, juggling work priorities to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside standard working hours, at peak times.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: Customer Service
Organization: Assessments School
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Sep 24, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1812573
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.