Subject matter expert (International BTEC Business)
Closing date: 16 December 2018 at midnight
Pearson is recruiting Subject Matter Experts for Qualification Development the following specialism:
Please note, Pearson is recruiting Subject Matter Experts to review qualifications developed for the Netherlands Belgium and Switzerland, so we are only looking to recruit people who reside in either of these 2 countries.
An external Subject Matter Expert provides up-to-date sector or subject specific expertise that feeds into the development of the given qualification(s). The Subject Matter Expert must have current sector/subject knowledge and/or experience relevant to the qualification(s) in question.
- Current sector experience/applied subject knowledge with at least two years experience
- Good communication skills; Fluency in English at a professional level, both spoken and written English and ability to offer constructive feedback clearly and concisely
- Confident use of IT and word processing
- Ability to follow a brief and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing guidelines and attend training as required
- Educated to a level 4 standard (HNC/1st year degree) or above with relevant qualifications for the particular sector/subject area, or substantial vocational experience (at least 3 years)
- Knowledge and experience of conducting and/or writing assessment within the subject area (as a teacher/tutor or within an educational environment) or experience in assessing/verifying/delivering training for qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of the educational context either through teaching/training, a suitable educational qualification or awarding organisation experience
- Working alongside wider qualification development team including expert writers
- Commenting on the appropriateness of sector/subject content within the qualification(s)/unit(s)
- Contributing to scoping activities to determine the appropriateness of the proposed qualification(s)
- Reviewing qualification subject/sector content and sample assessment materials appropriate for the subject/sector.
TYPICAL WORK HOURS:
Typically 3-5 days’ work when on a project. Work required may differ for certain projects.