Subject Matter Expert (QD) T level - Construction
Closing date: 30 May 2019 at midday
Pearson is recruiting a Subject Matter Expert for Qualification Development the following specialism:
Level 3 qualifications:
We are specifically looking for people with a specialism in on of the following areas:
- Surveying and design for construction and the built environment
- Civil engineering
- Building services design
- Hazardous materials analysis and surveying.
An external Subject Matter Expert provides up-to-date sector or subject specific expertise that feeds into the development of the given qualification(s). The Subject Matter Expert must have current sector/subject knowledge and/or experience relevant to the qualification(s) in question.
- Current sector experience/applied subject knowledge with at least two years experience
- Good communication skills; good standard of written English and ability to offer constructive feedback clearly and concisely
- Confident use of IT and word processing
- Ability to follow a brief and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adapt to changing guidelines and attend training as required
- Educated to a level 4 standard (HNC/1st year degree) or above with relevant qualifications for the particular sector/subject area, or substantial vocational experience (at least 3 years)
- Knowledge and experience of conducting and/or writing assessment within the subject area (as a teacher/tutor or within an educational environment) or experience in assessing/verifying/delivering training for qualifications
- Knowledge and experience of the educational context either through teaching/training, a suitable educational qualification or awarding organisation experience
- Working alongside wider qualification development team including expert writers
- Commenting on the appropriateness of sector/subject content within the qualification(s)/unit(s)
- Contributing to scoping activities to determine the appropriateness of the proposed qualification(s)
- Reviewing qualification subject/sector content and sample assessment materials appropriate for the subject/sector.
TYPICAL WORK HOURS:
Typically 3-5 days’ work when on a project. Work required may differ for certain projects.
Please state your experience in each of the 3 specialisms in the additional information section of the form