Subject Partner - Maths
We are Pearson, the world’s leading learning company and we are looking for an energetic and proactive Subject Partner (Maths) who has a passion for education. You’ll be part of the Maths team, managing our GCSE and A level qualifications through their lifecycle; from inception, through development and into the day-to-day provision of support for our qualifications. You’ll work with teachers, and stakeholders at Pearson and within education.
We are looking for an energetic and proactive Subject Partner who has a passion for education. You’ll be part of the Mathematics team, to support teachers in the delivery of our GCSE and A Level portfolio of qualifications. As a public face of Pearsons Mathematics portfolio, you will be responsible for providing first-class and innovative support as well as becoming a significant voice within the Maths community. You’ll work with teachers, and stakeholders at Pearson and within education.
The key responsibilities of the Subject Partner include:
- As a public face of Pearsons Mathematics portfolio, provide first-class and innovative support to our customers.
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of customer needs and market dynamics in Mathematics, to ensure that customer needs are proactively identified.
- Build collaborative relationships with Mathematics teachers and practitioners.
- Implement innovative customer communication and support strategies that effectively and comprehensively support teachers in the delivery of our Maths portfolio.
- Further develop voice as a significant thought leader in Mathematics.
- To maintain and enhance a deep and insightful understanding of teaching, learning and assessment in Mathematics to provide market leading support and resources that support the teaching and assessment of Mathematics
- Deliver best-in-class customer experience through the events, free surround and additional services that we provide at launch and throughout the lifecycle, continually improving that experience in Mathematics.
- Inform the overall strategy for growth of our Mathematics qualifications portfolio
- Provide deep subject expertise in support of all accountabilities and building the strength of our subject leadership, strategy and implementation.
- Provide first-class customer support for teachers and learners
- Provide customers with accurate and insightful information about our qualifications.
- Utilise research of the Mathematics environment to enhance our offer and services to customers and to build competitive advantage.
- Track, analyse and respond to competitor activity.
- Manage the Maths Emporium/Inbox and develop a social media presence, providing accurate and timely response to customers.
- Enhance the Pearson brand by positively developing our social media channels, including twitter.
- Drive thought leadership across Pearson and throughout Mathematics sector
- Actively engage in policy issues, providing evidence based thought pieces on both the current and future of the Mathematics sector that align with Pearsons priorities
- Engage and develop strong relationships with external stakeholders to ensure Pearson are in a position to influence and support regulatory reforms
- Develop strong strategic relationships with Mathematics groups that facilitate greater exposure of our offering
- Work effectively in virtual teams with colleagues across Pearson to ensure a positive working culture, in support of Pearson Schools strategy both in the UK and internationally
- Produce extensive assessment support for customers
- Produce high quality assessment support materials including practice papers and topic tests that support teachers in preparing learners for assessments.
- Produce innovative teaching and assessment resources/support that meet the needs of teachers and learners.
- Conduct regular diagnostics of learner performance from each examination series to inform future resources and support across the Mathematics team.
- Produce and deliver innovative and insightful training and feedback to teachers and key stakeholders.
- Champion a ‘Customer First’ culture within the business, ensuring that all decisions are made with reference to the needs of our customers and learners.
- Maintain and enhance subject and market insight
- Maintain and enhance an in-depth evidence based understanding of learner needs in Mathematics through a continuous programme of research with teachers and stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance an in-depth evidence based understanding of teacher/centre needs and behaviours in each subject.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with subject stakeholders throughout the life of a qualification, to build an evidence base for criteria/AO drafting, qualification developments and annual reviews through the lifecycle
- Maintain and enhance an in-depth understanding of best practice (pedagogy, assessment) at subject level.
- Supporting teachers and learners through the lifecycle
- Implement improved monitoring of customer experience at regular points through the lifecycle (from NPS tracking to regular, in-depth qualitative insight)
- Lead subject level work with colleagues across the business to instigate a step-change in the customer experience of our general qualifications, to deliver consistently high satisfaction and retention levels, and to systematically attract new business
- Anticipate and meet customer needs better than our competitors, including oversight of high-quality free surround and support services at launch and throughout the lifecycle
- Experience of working within education sector.
- Understanding of education assessment, practice and policy.
- Knowledge of current education practice and policy
- Have strong Mathematical understanding, a minimum 5 or more years teaching.
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative, effective, winning strategies.
- Experience of working effectively in a complex matrix.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Mastery of assessment techniques and principles.
- Experience of leading and influencing, including extensive experience of training teachers.
SKILLS and BEHAVIOURS
- Commercial acumen.
- Entrepreneurial outlook.
- Creative thinking and ability to think laterally.
- Customer empathy.
- Can-do attitude.
- Ability to motivate, lead, influence and empower others.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to deliver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1810406
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled