Subject Partner - Maths
We are Pearson, the world’s leading learning company and we are looking for an energetic and proactive Subject Partner (Maths) who has a passion for education. You’ll be part of the Maths team, managing our GCSE and A level qualifications through their lifecycle; from inception, through development and into the day-to-day provision of support for our qualifications. You’ll work with teachers, and stakeholders at Pearson and within education.
We are looking for an energetic and proactive Subject Partner who has a passion for education. You’ll be part of the Mathematics team, to support teachers in the delivery of our GCSE and A Level portfolio of qualifications. As a public face of Pearsons Mathematics portfolio, you will be responsible for providing first-class and innovative support as well as becoming a significant voice within the Maths community. You’ll work with teachers, and stakeholders at Pearson and within education.
The key responsibilities of the Subject Partner include:
- As a public face of Pearsons Mathematics portfolio, provide first-class and innovative support to our customers.
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of customer needs and market dynamics in Mathematics, to ensure that customer needs are proactively identified.
- Build collaborative relationships with Mathematics teachers and practitioners.
- Implement innovative customer communication and support strategies that effectively and comprehensively support teachers in the delivery of our Maths portfolio.
- Further develop voice as a significant thought leader in Mathematics.
- To maintain and enhance a deep and insightful understanding of teaching, learning and assessment in Mathematics to provide market leading support and resources that support the teaching and assessment of Mathematics
- Deliver best-in-class customer experience through the events, free surround and additional services that we provide at launch and throughout the lifecycle, continually improving that experience in Mathematics.
- Inform the overall strategy for growth of our Mathematics qualifications portfolio
- Provide deep subject expertise in support of all accountabilities and building the strength of our subject leadership, strategy and implementation.
- Provide first-class customer support for teachers and learners
- Provide customers with accurate and insightful information about our qualifications.
- Utilise research of the Mathematics environment to enhance our offer and services to customers and to build competitive advantage.
- Track, analyse and respond to competitor activity.
- Manage the Maths Emporium/Inbox and develop a social media presence, providing accurate and timely response to customers.
- Enhance the Pearson brand by positively developing our social media channels, including twitter.
- Drive thought leadership across Pearson and throughout Mathematics sector
- Actively engage in policy issues, providing evidence based thought pieces on both the current and future of the Mathematics sector that align with Pearsons priorities
- Engage and develop strong relationships with external stakeholders to ensure Pearson are in a position to influence and support regulatory reforms
- Develop strong strategic relationships with Mathematics groups that facilitate greater exposure of our offering
- Work effectively in virtual teams with colleagues across Pearson to ensure a positive working culture, in support of Pearson Schools strategy both in the UK and internationally
- Produce extensive assessment support for customers
- Produce high quality assessment support materials including practice papers and topic tests that support teachers in preparing learners for assessments.
- Produce innovative teaching and assessment resources/support that meet the needs of teachers and learners.
- Conduct regular diagnostics of learner performance from each examination series to inform future resources and support across the Mathematics team.
- Produce and deliver innovative and insightful training and feedback to teachers and key stakeholders.
- Champion a ‘Customer First’ culture within the business, ensuring that all decisions are made with reference to the needs of our customers and learners.
- Maintain and enhance subject and market insight
- Maintain and enhance an in-depth evidence based understanding of learner needs in Mathematics through a continuous programme of research with teachers and stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance an in-depth evidence based understanding of teacher/centre needs and behaviours in each subject.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with subject stakeholders throughout the life of a qualification, to build an evidence base for criteria/AO drafting, qualification developments and annual reviews through the lifecycle
- Maintain and enhance an in-depth understanding of best practice (pedagogy, assessment) at subject level.
- Supporting teachers and learners through the lifecycle
- Implement improved monitoring of customer experience at regular points through the lifecycle (from NPS tracking to regular, in-depth qualitative insight)
- Lead subject level work with colleagues across the business to instigate a step-change in the customer experience of our general qualifications, to deliver consistently high satisfaction and retention levels, and to systematically attract new business
- Anticipate and meet customer needs better than our competitors, including oversight of high-quality free surround and support services at launch and throughout the lifecycle
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Experience of working within education sector.
- Understanding of education assessment, practice and policy.
- Knowledge of current education practice and policy
- Have strong Mathematical understanding, a minimum 5 or more years teaching.
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative, effective, winning strategies.
- Experience of working effectively in a complex matrix.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Mastery of assessment techniques and principles.
- Experience of leading and influencing, including extensive experience of training teachers.
SKILLS and BEHAVIOURS
- Commercial acumen.
- Entrepreneurial outlook.
- Creative thinking and ability to think laterally.
- Customer empathy.
- Can-do attitude.
- Ability to motivate, lead, influence and empower others.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to deliver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note: Start date for role is Jan 2019.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 25, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1810406
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.