Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Problem resolution - Communicate and recommend complex business process, procedures and diverse information to resolve customer issues. Gather complete customer information, research internal knowledgebase and documentation for known solutions, isolate causes and take restorative actions while minimizing disruption to the customer’s business operation and document steps taken. Field escalated problems and crisis customer issues providing communication to the customer and management staff. Identify and communicate common elements of incidents escalated to the appropriate internal groups (development/support management) to drive visibility and resolution. The technical analyst act as the voice of support to development and must be able to articulate actions taken by the support team towards resolution of escalated incidents to a diverse audience of participants.
- Customer satisfaction - Respond to and communicate timely and effectively with customers providing professional, courteous and knowledgeable service. Act with an appropriate sense of urgency and follow up to ensure issues are resolved to satisfaction and develop a rapport through successful personal interactions and customer account management skills.
- Teamwork – Interact with colleagues to effectively resolve customer issues on a timely basis. Coach, mentor and provide technical training to other analysts in the department to drive knowledge transfer. Participate in team and cross functional meetings to contribute suggestions and solutions to increase effectiveness. Develop and maintain subject matter expertise including specialty tools and utilities to troubleshoot and repair technical issues.
- Technical expertise - Acquire and maintain advanced level expertise of Elite software products operating platforms, in-depth knowledge of how customers can utilize or adapt the software to effectively manage their business both financially and operationally. Provide consultative support across a sub-set of the Thomson Reuters Elite product set or broad-based in-depth support for the entire product set.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive technical support or related customer service experience in a software environment
- Exceptional customer service skills with expertise in troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of computer hardware and network operating systems and expertise in troubleshooting hardware and software compatibility issues across various configurations
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proficient technical knowledge of MS-Windows, MS SQL Server and concepts of SQL databases including advanced query analysis and/or engine optimization
- .NET Technologies
- Scripting (VBA, Korn Shell)
- Informix 4GL
- Reporting tools
Education/ Certifications Required:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.