Job DescriptionSupport Workers and Bank Support Workers – Winslow ASD and LD community step downLocation: Bestwood Village, NottinghamshireFrom £16,980 plus enhancementsFull time - 37.5 hours per week
We are seeking highly motivated Support Workers to work with us within Winslow community step down.
Our Winslow service has been developed to provide enhanced care for individuals with complex presentations, who are transitioning away from secure hospital care to a community setting. It comprises six self-contained residential apartments offering independent living within a community based environment.
With an emphasis on sustainable living and vocational skills development, our aim is for residents to transition to successful community living.Whilst you will be allocated to a specific site you may on occasion need to support one of the other community sites if the need arises Your profile
There are no set entry requirements to become a Support Worker but there are skills and personal characteristics needed.
To be a Healthcare Assistant in mental health care, you will need to be:
- Caring and kind
- Cheerful and friendly
- Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc.) in some areas
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Able to work in a team but use your own initiative
You'll also need:
- Communication and listening skills
- Organisational skills
- Observational skills
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Closing date: Sunday 27th October 2019
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
- There is the opportunity for you to apply to our Aspire Programme, a nursing bursary programme, which could support you while training to be a qualified nurse. Each year we provide the financial and development support for 20 of our employees to gain a Nursing Degree.