Supportability Program Director
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Supportability Program Director – Global Learning Platform, GCSO
As a member of the Global Customer Support & Operations team for Pearson Education, you will work closely with a variety of Business and Product Groups – including Product Management, Service Operations and Customer Support Services – with the goal to help deliver the best customer experience possible for Pearson’s next generation of Global Learning Platform products and ecosystem.
The Supportability PM is theface of supportandvoice of the customerto our product and engineering groups for the Global Learning Platform development. Core responsibilities of the position will be to develop and maintain an excellent working relationship between GCSO and the product groups to push supportability standards into future products, ensure awareness and readiness for upcoming releases and drive resolution to top support issues for in-market products.
You will be involved in both pre-launch and post-launch activities where you will help to define support scenarios, user journey mapping, development of epics and stories, participate in training/documentation development, spec reviews and otherwise ensure all technical readiness criteria are met for support agents. During post-launch you will identify and report on top support issues and incident drivers, develop support scenarios, coordinate content, and advocate on behalf of our customers to product and engineering groups.
Other responsibilities include:
- Define and work with key stakeholders within the GCSO team to drive an effective supportability program
- Work with the engineering, product and business groups to understand needs and ensure appropriate support capabilities and offerings.
- Champion supportability standards and good product design in the Pearson product development lifecycle.
- Defining Jobs to be Done and Solution design for individual epics and stories based on customer user journeys.
- Aggregate information from a variety of listening systems and provide the voice of the customer to product teams, as their trusted advisor, to ensure appropriate prioritization and focus on supportability.
- Review product specs to identify support gaps and anticipate support scenarios.
- Identify and champion efficient processes and opportunities to enhance support offerings.
- Coordinate with GLP Product Managers across the ecosystem to improve the end-to-end customer experience.
- Develop solution content to be used by end customers and internal support agents.
- Assist with training curriculum development and review all documents for technical accuracy.
- Review test plans and participate in testing efforts for new products and releases.
- Review, submit, and escalate product issues into development team bug databases to ensure that appropriate solution assets are created.
- Write business requirement documents and assist in functional specifications for support tools.
- Generate insights based on understanding of common problem themes and data analytics to improve products, processes, and programs.
- Act as subject matter expert for area(s) of responsibility, driven by technical expertise (breadth and depth), and provide detailed product, technical and policy knowledge to internal support teams and Product or Business Group representatives, as needed for escalations, training, and content.
- Track, manage, and enforce accountability related to product consumption including: sales, deployment, product quality and overall satisfaction.
- Expected to be a highly effective, comfortable and proficient presenter of technical customer experiences to senior leaders (VP) of various organizations (including GCSO, Product and Service Operations).
General Knowledge, Skill and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required, MBA preferred
- Passion for education technology and overall quality of learning applications. A strong software supportability or program management background is required.
- Strong background in software supportability for product management.
- Ability to troubleshoot and reproduce moderate to complex technical issues, spanning software platforms related to core platform, identity platform, ecommerce and software scenarios, leveraging skills with command-line tools and log parsing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex issues and develop and present strong business cases from quantitative or qualitative data.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate at business and technical levels with key product/service feature owners in order to drive toward improvements and the resolution of top issues.
- Ability to establish partnerships with key stakeholders and partner groups where relationships may not have previously existed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; including the ability to show comfort in situations of ambiguity.
- Demonstrate confidence, synthesize complex elements into a crisp, yet robust, straightforward story.
- Proven ability to influence others by generating support for your ideas and approach.
- Strong understanding of Design for Supportability and Product Development Lifecycle principles
- Ability to provide continuous management of risks and dependencies by making timely decisions.
- A strong sense of personal accountability for execution, quality control, and investment in the success of each project is required.
- Light to Moderate domestic and international travel required.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-CA-San Francisco
Other Locations US-MA-Boston
Work Locations: US-CA-San Francisco-1255 Battery St 1255 Battery St Suite 220 San Francisco 94111
Job: Project/Programme Management
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 20, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1719548