BP is looking for talented, innovative and driven individuals to join our team. We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. BP is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy and others.
The TAR Superintendents role is to provide leadership and technical expertise during the FEL and execution phase of the TAR. The TAR Superintendent provides direction to the TAR Team composed of maintenance supervisors, pro-tem/step-up supervisors, contract job representatives, BP crafts, contractors as well as support groups. The TAR Superintendent is responsible for TAR safety, schedule, cost, work quality and achieving unit performance objectives.
- Responsible for completing all activities detailed in the Turnaround Common Process (TCP) that the TAR Superintendent is held Responsible/Accountable and to which the TAR Supervisor is a Contributor (per the TCP/NaviTrack RACI matrix).
- Responsible for communicating TAR departmental status and progress against TCP to TAR Event Manger through all phases.
- Accountable for the development and mentoring of new direct report TAR supervisors.
- Accountable for the leadership and development of detailed job plans and work packages for scope on the approved TAR worklist.
- Accountable to assign TAR supervisors (salary and contract) to FEL and Execution roles and responsibilities.
- Accountable for review and approval of all work packages prepared for TAR.
- Accountable to provide construction and logistics information into the TAR Execution Plan.
- Accountable for the leadership, development and optimization of the TAR Schedule. This includes ensuring one integrated master schedule is developed.
- Accountable to determine manpower levels to attain schedule milestones.
- Responsible to review and provide feedback on Select Stage estimate to ensure alignment with TAR execution plan.
- Accountable for reviewing TAR and Capital Project Job Notes for constructability.
- Contributes to the selection of TAR Contractors in alignment with the TAR Contracting Strategy.
- Responsible for approving (within the approval limits laid out by those procedures) EWO/COs, Accounting Changes, and Delay Forms.
- Accountable to verify all materials for TAR have been ordered and on schedule to be delivered per the TCP.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all TAR mechanical personnel, TAR security and the environmental performance of mechanical work for the TAR.
- Responsible for understanding and managing the work against the Select Stage Estimate and Baseline Schedule and notifying the TAR Event Manager and TAR Planner of all deviations.
- Responsible for monitoring the TAR schedule, identifying any issues and implementing recovery plans where needed.
- Accountable for insuring that TAR schedules are followed and all schedule updates provided to the TAR Scheduler are accurate.
- Accountable for ongoing communication with the TAR Planner to ensure accurate cost tracking and reporting is achieved.
- Accountable for approving overtime outside of Select Stage Estimate.
- Accountable for monitoring manpower levels to ensure conformance to TAR plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that contractors and BP personnel follow Quality Control procedures as defined by the BP Quality Manual.
- Accountable for ensuring that all Contractor/Vendor evaluations are completed and reviewed.
- Accountable for removing all temporary TAR installations and infrastructures
- Responsible for Punch List close out.
Required High school diploma (or equivalent)
Preferred Bachelor of Science, Construction Management, Engineering, or Engineering Technology
Required: 4 or more years in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant w/ BS Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Construction Management, or
Required: 8 or more years of planning experience and demonstrated advancement capability in refining, petrochemical, or utility plant