SVP Higher Education
Pearson is the world’s leading learning company, with 32,000 employees in more than 70 countries, providing educational products and services to institutions, governments and directly to individual students. The company’s mission is to help people make progress through access to better learning. We believe that learning opens up opportunities, creating fulfilling careers and better lives. That’s why we focus on helping learners at every stage of the journey discover a love of learning that helps provide opportunities throughout their lives. Because wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
We are innovators in the field of online education proudly offering nearly two decades of experience partnering with top-tier, not-for- profit academic institutions to deliver fully realized online learning solutions, student acquisition and support services. Together with our Academic Partners we are transforming the way students seek and acquire knowledge, engaging a new audience of learners through industry-defining online education. This represents one of Pearson’s biggest growth opportunities.
The Senior Vice President Higher Education (SVP HE) is an Executive Leader within the organisation providing strategic direction, and leadership for the performance and growth of the HE business unit. The SVP HE is fully accountable for the success of this business unit by creating and executing on growth plans, managing P&L, building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, inspiring staff and growing Pearson brand in UK.
The UK HE business is made up of three units - courseware, OPM and Higher Education Awards
which includes Pearson College. Current BU revenue is 32.9MN with headcount of over 200
employees. All three units have significant revenue opportunity outside of the UK.
The Senior Vice President Higher Education will report to President of Core Markets and will be
based in UK.
High Level Responsibilities:
● Provide strategic leadership and coordination of Core UK Online Programme Management, including business intelligence, student acquisition, enrollment and retention efforts.
● Take ownership of the strategic development, implementation, and tracking of OPM results in UK and international markets.
● Develop and maintain productive and long term communication with our current and prospective Academic Partners.
● Build high performing OPM organisation which delivers an ambitious strategic plan
● Work collaboratively with colleagues in other geographies to drive international revenues.
● Take ownership of the strategic development and growth of Pearson College and Higher Nationals, securing degree awarding powers for Pearson College.
● Lead the digital transformation of Higher Education Courseware growing market share
● Ensure financial targets and budgets are met
● Drive innovation and change within Higher Education business unit
● Act as an executive sponsor for customers and organisations as required by the senior management team and executive team.
● Build a positive culture of fun and performance. Role-model Pearson Values of Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable.
● Able to lead growth business and people.
● Passion for driving performance against goals while creating a positive , fun and productive
● Talented verbal and written communicator
● Experienced people leader, with a track record of building and leading a team that delivers practical and impactful results
● Market savvy, and proven ability to innovate to meet both customer and learner need, ahead of the competition.
● Good consumer marketing instincts.
● Gravitas to work with senior HE leaders and government.
● Natural collaborator – at ease with making connections and spotting opportunities inside or outside Pearson
● Ability to ensure the organization is actively contributing to Pearson’s global priorities
● Self motivation and the ability to inspire others
● Financially savvy
● Must understand culture of higher education and represent Company well externally.
● Achievement of sales and profit targets
● A growing business, with growing market share and increasing profitability
● A strong and measurable impact on learning
● High net promoter scores from customers
● Effective and timely delivery of services and products
● Progression of employees through development and talent management activity
● Collaboration with Global Product teams, BTEC & Apprenticeship business Unite and other
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: General Business Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 4, 2018
Job Unposting: Mar 20, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1803410