Broad Content of Role
This department is formed of an enthusiastic mix of people with strong technical, functional and customer
The Systems Infrastructure Engineer role is responsible for the support, on-going maintenance and future development of Fidessa IT Services server infrastructure.
This role will require occasional out of hours and weekend work, including scheduled on-call duties.
- Degree, MCSE or equivalent qualification.
- Ability to plan and implement your own projects and work as part of a project team.
- Ability to communicate confidently and concisely using business acumen.
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships both with internal staff.
- Calmness under pressure and the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Able to use initiative and prioritize work.
- Methodical and logical approach to troubleshooting.
Thorough knowledge and proven experience of:
- Windows Server operating systems (2008 to 2012 r2).Active
- Directory (forest level including GPO, DNS, PKI, etc.).
- Exchange 2010 - 2016 administration. Qualification or proven experience in virtualization technology, preferably ESX.
- Blackberry or Good Enterprise Administration.Network essentials.
- Dell and HP server and blade technology.
- NetApp experience.
- SCCM deployments
- SQL Server Administration.
- Knowledge of monitoring and management tools.
- A security conscious approach and exposure to AV & EPE, WSUS, DLP, Pen Tests etc.
- Awareness of enterprise level best practices and change management processes.
- Backup Technologies.
- LINUX skills.
- PowerShell or VBS scripting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform 2nd and 3rd line support for global server related issues.
- Design and build server systems with on-going ownership.
- Perform regular health checks and performance benchmarks of existing systems
- Security patch management of applications and servers.
- Provide on-going maintenance of key systems as required.
- Review existing systems for improvements.
- Pro-active monitoring and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Participation in Business Continuity Planning and testing.
The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading software specialists in the exciting global finance sector.