Systems Support Level 1 Representative, Temporary
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Basic Purpose and Objectives
Provide exceptional first level technical support to internal customers using customer service principles and best practices. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of relevant systems, and works closely with colleagues and partnering groups to effectively solve problems and support the organization’s goals.
Overall Functions and Responsibilities
- Include shifts which may cover support hours from 7am to 9pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- May be required to work a rotating shift schedule.
- May be required to take part in the after hours on-call support rotation.
- Respond to basic technical and/or product and service questions, methods and procedure issues, and general information inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform problem resolution, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of calls, emails and issue tickets and takes ownership of the solution.
- Provide complete documentation of issues handled.
- Responsible for independent resolution to routine issues, and for notifying management of non-routine issues which need immediate attention and/or escalation.
- Pinpoint strengths and weaknesses of various alternatives and select or recommend appropriate decisions/solutions.
- Contribute to on-going department process improvements.
- Look for and finds ways to improve operations and systems.
- Contribute to the overall structure, content, and organization of the technical support knowledge base.
- Monitors the scoring environments by utilizing software applications and tools.
- Responsible for performing UAT regression testing of scoring systems
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Call center environment with open cubicles and low walls.
Education, Skills and Knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A two-year technical degree or the equivalent in work experience preferred.
- Call center or Help Desk experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work as a member of a team to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- PC and MS Office proficiency. Experience with Google products a plus.
- Experience working with network protocols a plus.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-tasking capabilities.
- Excellent attendance is required.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Work Locations: US-IA-Iowa City-2510 North Dodge 2510 North Dodge Street Iowa City 52245
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1719346