Talent Acquisition Specialist
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
As part of the Enabling Functions Talent Acquisition team, this role will be based in Belfast and responsible for delivering recruitment activities to the Pearson UK business.
This role and will report to the Manager, Talent Acquisition, Pearson UK and is an initial 6 months contract but we are looking for someone who can make an impression and then convert to a permanent role.
Main purpose/objectives of role:
The Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter)– will be part of a team that delivers against the Pearson UK business’s hiring plan. By working closely with hiring managers and HR, you will fulfill requisitions predominantly by directly sourcing candidates mainly for our Belfast Operations, with an emphasis on Finance positions given Belfast is the home to PFS - Pearson Finance Services.
- Work with the UK business and HR to understand hiring needs and requirements.
- Ensure effective use of recruitment tools, and adhere to processes and systems that feed in to the Global TA function.
- Maintain data, and report on all hiring activity and metrics through Oracle Business Intelligence.
- Act as an internal and external face of the TA team to the Pearson UK business.
- Implement and execute hiring strategies for all requisitions across the Pearson UK business.
- Deliver sourcing methodology to access the best candidates in the market.
- Market roles internally and externally including via social media and other direct sourcing channels.
- Review applications and select suitable candidates via telephone screens.
- Facilitate discussions with hiring managers to select candidates to progress to interview.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for candidates, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Drive the offer process, including extending offers, closing candidates and overseeing the generation of offer letters via shared service.
- Work to ensure an excellent candidate experience, and guide managers to ensure they follow process and best practice at all times
Experience and attributes required:
- Experience of successfully recruiting and direct sourcing for roles at varying levels, from entry level through to management positions.
- Experience of successfully recruiting and direct sourcing for Finance roles
- Knowledge and experience of the Belfast market
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent level of English, both written and verbal.
- A relationship builder, who can deliver by working with & through others.
- Experience of partnering with hiring managers, interviewers and team members throughout the process.
- Ability to collaborate across the Pearson TA organisation.
- A working knowledge of Taleo would be beneficial.
- Ability to speak to Pearson’s business and articulate the value proposition to internal and external audiences.
Personal Style and Behaviour
- Respect for our values: Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable
- Collaborative with peers and colleagues to drive involvement and engagement
- Comfortable operating in a changing and ambiguous environment
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Job: Human Resources
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 11, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1808956
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled