The Turnaround (TAR) Event Manager leads the planning and execution of unit Turnarounds following the established TAR Common Process (TCP) milestones and deliverables. As the TAR Event Manager, you will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to recognize and evaluate potential continuous improvement projects. You will collaborate with the Maintenance, Projects, and Operations team to improve reliability and operational performance by identifying and completing key turnaround projects. As the TAR Event Manager you will lead a team towards to the goals planning and executing safe, on time, and below cost turnarounds.
- Lead and support the safe execution of all TAR activity at the site.
- Provides technical support to the TAR Team and other Teams as required.
- Understands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the effective execution of assigned capital projects at the Toledo Refinery.
- Coordinates with Operations Teams and other groups to ensure that project definition and milestones are established and managed according to the principles of the TAR Common Process (TCP) and Projects Common Process (PCP).
- Provides expense improvements that are easily operated, reliable and cost-effective from a maintenance standpoint.
- Ensures compliance with safety, constructability, operability, reliability, maintainability, and cost and schedule deliverables
- Acts as the point of accountability, ensures that all critical elements of front end loading (FEL) principles are used for the efficient design, planning, procurement, safety reviews (MOC, HAZOP, PSSR), execution, QA/QC compliance, and start-up within project cost and schedule authorization.
- Understands relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) regulations, policies and procedures applicable in the design and construction of projects.
- Coordinates with Operations, Inspection, Reliability and Maintenance Teams to utilize appropriate technical resources for design and installation support. Ensures that all new equipment meets the goals of safe operations and long term reliability and maintainability.
- Understands and analyzes the pros and cons of various contract strategies and drafts contract scopes, and facilitates the bid review and approval process.
- Effectively communicates project status, issues and concerns with relevant departments and proactively works to achieve mutually agreeable solutions to problems.
- Analyzes and reports on performance measures or key performance indicators and communicates project status and exceptions in a timely manner.
- Manages all logistics, resources, materials and permitting requirements for assigned projects and prevents delays and cost impacts.
- Performs technical and economic analysis to justify improvements, quantify benefits, and recommend priorities. Works as a team member with the other technical specialists to develop design improvements and value-added opportunities.
- Leads the Front End Loading (FEL) and Execution activities associated with a TAR.
- Delivery of the TAR Execution per the agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for HSSE, Quality, Schedule and Cost.Acts as a member of the Plant Emergency Operating Procedures (EOP) team.
A minimum of an Associate's Degree in a technical discipline is required. A Bachelor's Degree is highly preferred
- 5 years of experience in Maintenance, Projects, Construction, or Turnarounds in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Strong organizational skills