* Services & Solutions is an internal global shared services organisation, responsible for delivering centralised and standardised people services for bp from a number of geographical delivery centres as appropriate for BP's footprint. Services & Solutions are the first point of contact for people related matters; the team are policy and process experts, dedicated to delivering the best employee experience.
* The purpose of this role is to ensure/support compliance in tax reporting and remitting, working to complete any audit requests, respond timely to agency requests and identify, raise and apply continuous improvements to service or areas of concern.
* Deputising for the Pay and Tax Services Manager.
* Providing headcount / burn rate reports for Brazil
* Supporting Tax filings for Trinidad and California.
* Supporting Tax and Agency reporting responsibilities within group.
* Raising 221 process corrections in ADP Global View.
* Processing quarter corrections, working closely with ADP to ensure quarterly amendments can be filled without error.
* Playing an active role in the quarterly reconciliation.
* Leading the processing of W2 corrections and maintaining end-to-end training and materials for the team.
* Support co-workers within the Tax area.
* Ensuring local operating procedures are accurate, up to date, and fit for purpose.
* Leading efforts relating to ad hoc and unanticipated work requests and projects as required.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* 3+ years of experience in Tax, with understanding of tax legislation and legal compliance.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
* Tax experience and its payroll requirements and impacts.
* Knowledge of payroll systems, including SAP GV.
* Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets.
* Highly numerate / strong analytical skills required.
* Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organisation.
* Holds themselves and others to a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Able to adapt to changing priorities, peaks in workload and deadlines.
* Solution focus - identifies and recommends solutions which will add value to bp and/or enhance relationships and ways of working.
* Stakeholder management - Ability to engage with and influence key business and P&C stakeholders. Uses partnering, basic consultancy skills and a 'coach approach' to build trust. Is continually enhancing skills in active listening, influencing and communication.
* Business acumen & customer focus- keeps up to date with internal and external context and understands the relationship between their activity and the bp business. Puts the customer/business at the heart of all recommendations and decisions.
Leadership & EQ Capability
* Group mind set - frequently looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others. Successfully balances the needs of the client with local needs.
* Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness.
* Applies judgment and common sense - able to use insight and good judgement to enable sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
* Acts with integrity; demonstrates the bp V&Bs.
* Cultural fluency - actively seeks to understand cultural differences and sensitivities.
* Proficient in using CRM systems, like Salesforce.
* Knowledgeable on HCM systems, like Workday.
* Knowledgeable on hire to retire end to end processes.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at ; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement