What is in it for you
* Showcase your people management skills
* Interesting and challenging work where no one day is the same
* Opportunity to build relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
* Work in a supportive and coaching-led environment
* Accountability for the quality and progression of work in your team
As one of nine Team Leaders within the Authorisation function of the SRA you will line manage a team of staff in day-to-day activities, supporting, monitoring performance against service levels/competencies, and ensuring the achievement of objectives. Using your credible experience you will coach and mentor colleagues, champion development and continually identify areas for improvement.
You will form part of the Authorisation management team, and be responsible for the positive delivery of team and function wide objectives. You will also make recommendations for operational and policy changes and implements changes where appropriate.
Authorisation is one of the SRA's largest operational functions. It mitigates risks to the regulatory objectives by:
* minimising the extent to which unsuitable firms or individuals are able to enter the legal profession, which protects consumers and helps to promote confidence in the legal services market
* collecting information and intelligence about the profession, which is the starting point for effective regulation
* assessing the risks posed by firms entering the legal services market and working with those firms to minimise those risks
* providing a vehicle for the collection of the fees that fund regulatory activity.
What we are looking for
* Experience of performance management
* A decisive individual with time management skills who can deliver against targets
* An excellent communicator with experience of coaching, mentoring and developing people to achieve results
* A leader, able to influence and constructively challenge internal and external stakeholders
* A problem solver with good attention to detail