This involves both the efficient delivery of high throughput QC testing through to detailed investigative problem solving. This role leads a dynamic team of analytical scientists specialising in separation science and elemental analysis.
The successful candidate will possess a chemistry degree (or similar); knowledge of a wide range of analytical techniques (separation science and elemental desirable, though not essential) and particularly, the ability to inspire and lead a team of technical experts to deliver innovation in efficiency, accuracy and technique development, all in support of a global fuels and lubricants business.
The specific knowledge, skills and experiences required are:
- Manage and deliver an innovative and efficient analytical offer, and/or technique development portfolio, in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- Strive for innovation in efficiency, accuracy, technique development and application
- Provide leadership to your team comprising of experts, specialists, analysts and placement students as well as agency workers.
- Recruit and develop high-quality staff for the short, medium, and long-term benefit of the company
- Prioritise work across the whole customer-base in conjunction with technologists/senior technologists in each area
- Work with the analytical manager to continuously improve operational efficiency in your team and specialist area, adopting best practice as appropriate
- Work with other team leaders in the analytical function to ensure analytical demand is met within expected and agreed timeframes, and that any deviation from this is communicated effectively
- Monitor the team’s performance against agreed KPIs, ensuring that targets are achieved
- Promote the capabilities and depth of technology to internal and external customers
- Assist the analytical manager in controlling the analytical budget, both revenue and capex. Work with technologists/senior technologists to recommend and justify capital expenditure
- Advise on specialist areas of analytical technology/techniques with internal and external partners
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with customers, stakeholders, and third parties
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an advanced analytical chemistry group with vision to become the best in class. BP offers a highly competitive remuneration package, development opportunities and excellent working conditions. Follow the link to learn more and apply.