We are looking for someone to lead and inspire a newly formed team. One which is under development and requires shaping to deliver the Areas asset management priorities.
You will have effective leadership skills, the ability to drive forward priorities and lead and develop a team responsible for the management of the water, land and biodiversity (WLB) assets across the East Anglia Area.
In this role, you will be leading on, and helping to shape, a variety of work strands to ensure our assets are effectively and efficiently managed. Building and maintaining productive relationships with internal customers will be at the heart of your role. You will oversee budgets, work planning, project delivery and recruitment whilst needing to be flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities.
You will be responsible for the health, safety & wellbeing of your team by actively promoting awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practices in line with Environment Agency guidance.
You will be a role model and promote inclusion by respecting differences in our workforce and build a supportive & engaging workplace.
There will also be opportunity to support the Environment Agency’s Incident response.
For more info on working with us see https://environmentagencycareers.co.uk/
The new Asset Management team will eventually be responsible for:
• The role of Responsible Officer for WLB assets
• Planning, scheduling, managing, and overseeing delivery of the asset inspection and maintenance programme.
• Ensuring compliance with legislation.
• Construction (Design and Management).
• Public Safety Risk Assessment management.
• Asset Data and Documentation.
• Senior User for Capital Projects.
• Project Management.
To deliver this role successfully, you’ll be:
• A proven leader and passionate about getting the best out of people
•Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, driven and self-motivated
•Enjoy working with and leading a team and unafraid to give direction and feedback
It would be helpful if you have experience of:
• Leading and developing people
• Delivering results through others by overseeing staff, coaching, mentoring of a project or across an organisation.
• Supporting people through change and create an environment that encourages creativity, innovation and improving efficiency.
• Working collaboratively.
• Translating organisational outcomes into plans and programmes for frontline delivery, in an operational environment.
• Delivering work within a programme and project management framework to time, cost and quality.
• Managing budgets and contracts
• Taking responsibility for the safety of yourself and for a team
• Working with Policy and legislation.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Contact and additional information
In East Anglia we want to create a diverse workplace where people’s views are respected, valued and listened to. We’re all different, and by embracing Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) we can become an equal opportunity employer where we grow and learn together.
It is our ambition to champion diversity through building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Eligibility for lease cars is made based on the role. Internal candidates ensure you check the new lease car policy and consider its impact before applying.
You'll be based at either Ipswich or Brampton Office. We are adopting new ways of working which allows some flexibility to work from home.
If you have any questions please contact Alison Parnell via: email@example.com or on 02030255389.