We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
To own the technical relationship with the client, chair regular client service reviews, be responsible for Thomson Reuters initiatives whilst being the technical go-to person responsible for the client’s end to end technical and service experience. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for the technical arm of the Account team and is a key partner to the Account Manager, Client Specialists and Specialist Sales person. The TAM is ideally placed to identify business opportunities discovered as a consequence of their Trusted advisor status.
- Participate in developing technical account strategy with Account Managers and provide pre and post sales support for technical solutions and capabilities.
- Proactive regular meetings with clients to review infrastructure requirements, systems capacity and other technical related interest.
- Regular meeting and contact with clients to review service quality, service issues, satisfaction with technical services and keeping clients informed of progress of any promised actions or remedies.
- Keep clients updated on Thomson Reuters technologies and product roadmaps and ascertain potential prospects for future sales.
- Provide technical advice to clients using TR expert groups where necessary.
- Support beta testing by identifying suitable sites and gather beta feedback.
- Provide feedback from clients to internal groups on service expectations, service performance perceptions, capability issues and enhancement ideas.
- Provide the technical interface to clients during problem resolutions including keeping clients informed of progress and re medial actions being taken.
- Value added technical services (e.g. out-of-scope technical services.
- Take the lead escalation point for either Client or Thomson Reuters internal group.
Scope and Impact
- Financial responsibilities (eg budget, revenue, revenue, OI, gross sales etc)
- Business Impact and geographical scope of role?
- People management responsibilities? (include typical team size).
- Influencer of net sales, net installs and lead generation as part of the account team.
- Supervision received is low to moderate.
- The role has a high-level impact of the external image and reputation of the company
- Needs to be aware of internal business issues and a range of customer issues.
- Works in a pressurized, time critical environment
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working within a complex matrix organisation.
- Understanding of the delivery and implementation of Market Data capabilities from the customer perspective.
- Examples of great communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong track record of working in a customer facing environment and driving initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Identifying opportunities based on issues or problems uncovered.
- Strong project management – delivering the benefits in a complex environment.
- Customers, involvement in face to face meetings.
- Taking ownership of clients outages\concerns and complaints
- working with Account Management, Customer Specialists, Specialist Sales.
- working with support organizations, CTS, Helpdesk, Solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
Certifications / Education
- Degree in technical or information technology with broad PC, Networking and Technology knowledge & experience.
- Project Management (e.g. Prince, PMP) or service management certification (e.g. ITIL) is an advantage.
- Training/experience in negotiation skills, presentation skills and communication skills will be helpful in succeeding in role.
- Examples of successes whilst working in a Service Management, Project - Management or Technical business role.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.