The Technical Service Engineer will ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by establishing, developing and maintaining relationships external, with wider BP Group (BP Exploration & Production, Shipping) and internal Lubricants organization. The role will also handle complex customer relationships and support, and work with the Sales team on complex offers.
- Lubrication Schedules - Preparing and maintain up to date Lubricant Recommendations Schedules (LRS) for customers’ vessels/assets including liaison with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in order to establish correct machinery lubrication. Make appropriate recommendations regarding the use of products in Shipping or Oil & Gas applications according to Marine and Energy Technical Databases. Ensure that all product and service offers are appropriate for the application including relevant OEM & Approvals.
- Used Oil Analysis (UOA) - Create, administer and maintain UOA programs for those assets where required. Processing Used Oil Analysis (UOA) reports and responds to alerts as required, discussing recommendations directly with the customers / account manager. Ensuring the account manager is kept informed of relevant and critical lubricant issues.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with customers, OEMs, with wider maritime ship owners, internal Lubricants organisation, and 3rd party laboratories.
- To clearly demonstrate the differentiated value of the Marine and Energy Technical offer (products and services) to customers and target prospects. This includes conducting regular service level reviews with customers and making appropriate changes/decisions at a local level to meet performance goals.
- Support sales teams in developing clear understanding technical needs and potential differentiation for target prospects.
- Responding to customers’ (and sales/customer service) technical queries on product, application, operational conditions and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Utilise the Technical Services Request logging tool, or similar, to capture all customer and target prospect requests to allow trending and also to escalate and track all requests requiring technical support from the central Technical Services Team & Technology.
- Preparation and delivery of technical information, presentations, technical training sessions and reports for Customers or internal stakeholders. Understand how to involve internal experts to support more specialised technical training requirements.
- Conduct in-depth/complex troubleshooting (in close co-operation with Product Managers) and make appropriate recommendations for the benefit of our company's image and reputation.
- Work with Technology on product development work as required with support and guidance of line manager.
- Coordinating and conducting visit within HSSE guidelines and after appropriate training to ships, offshore assets, ship yards for inspection, lubrication surveys, change over ship visits etc.
- Meeting key performance indicators established by the Global Technical Services Director and ensuring that all technical relevant databases are maintained and updated on a regular basis.
- Continue to develop technical product, application, operating conditions and sector knowledge.
- Lead, embed and support delivery (through engagement of relevant functions) of agreed specific Product Quality & Compliance accountabilities and specifically:  report incidents,  input into ODIMS,  give right documentation,  co-ordinate & advise,  promote,  promptly respond,  communicate changes.
High School diploma and minimum of 10 years technical experience within the maritime industry; Degree in Engineering or Marine Engineering highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years maritime industry experience or minimum 5 years Marine/Industry experience including both equipment maintenance and reliability experience.
- Theoretical and practical experience of the main rotating machinery as operated by maritime ship owners and owners of offshore assets.
- Condition-based maintenance experience.
- Fluent in English and proficient skills in Word, Excel, Power point.
- CLS and/or OMA.