GCHQ, an intelligence agency like no other, is offering exciting opportunities at its station in Bude. As an organisation that recognises and values talent above anything else, we are committed to offering you comprehensive training and support as you grow into the role. It’s more important to us that you have an interest and a desire to learn, than you already have all the skills and knowledge right now.
You can choose to apply to one or more of the roles described below.
Access Operations Analyst
Through world-class in-house training, as well as external training, we’ll equip you with the skills you need for this role. At the end of the programme, you will be placed in a team at one of our sites.
- To help provide the backbone of intelligence used to support counter terrorism operations, combat serious crime and safeguard the UK.
- Retrieve information gathered by our Signals Intelligence Operations
- Provide intelligence data to other analysts.
- Understand and identify new communications technologies in order to provide data assurance.
- Communicate information to other parties
Communications Systems Analyst
- To analyse communication systems and technologies.
- Analyse complex data and technical problems using different computer operating systems and programming languages
- Find innovative ways to solve problems using tools that you wouldn’t find anywhere else.
- Produce solutions, whether those are quickly scripted prototypes or fully engineered solutions.
Trainee Technical Cyber Analyst (National Cyber Security Centre)
- To safeguard the UK’s Critical National Infrastructure, data, systems and communications.
- To ensure that citizens can access UK Government services online safely and securely.
- Investigating cyber threats to the UK, and directly contributing to improving the UK's cyber security capability
- Understand what's happening on the internet, and communicating what that means to others.
Junior Support Technician
- To fix, enhance and support IT systems. To provide remote IT support for other stations.
- Responsible for installing, upgrading and maintaining a wide portfolio of IT related systems
- Support these systems based on modern IT Technologies, possibly concentrating more on a subset of them, for which training will be provided
- Work with other teams to build new and experimental systems
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade A-C (Including maths and English)
- Enthusiasm for learning, and an interest in technology
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Enjoys problem solving
Although consideration will be given to your stated job preference, the final decision of which role candidates are placed in will be determined by GCHQ.
INTERVIEW and SELECTION PROCESS
As part of this campaign you will be required to undergo a staged selection process including:
- A minimum eligibility sift
- Interview – comprising of a competency-based interview with technical staff and members of our HR department
- Interviews to be held in Bude