Technology Strategy & Planning Manager
Role name - Technology Strategy & Planning
Role Overview - Hiring a newly created Technology Strategy & Planning position; a fantastic role for an ambitious candidate to join our team and make an impact on our Technology strategy and portfolio; continually analyzing and evolving the Technology strategy underpinning the Pearson 5-year strategy and business goals.
A unique opportunity for a candidate with prior experience, and an inquisitive mindset, to come and reinvent our processes to evolve our Technology strategy and services; to enable business value and realize strategic goals; and to build relationships across a global organisation.
The candidate will be an integral member of a new function that directly supports the CIO/COO; a motivated and pragmatic team focused on getting things done and changing the way we work.
This is an exciting and challenging position for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly flexible environment. You will be a part of an organisation undergoing change and working to our Pearson mission ..."to help people make progress in their lives through learning".
Technology Strategy and Planning accountabilities
● Facilitating the definition, alignment and traceability between the 5 year Pearson strategy and business enablers to the Technology roadmap and services; how Pearson strategic goals are delivered by the Business and enabled by Technology
● Evolving the Technology roadmap in collaboration with Business stakeholders and Technology leadership; acting as an orchestrator across all impacted and interested stakeholders
● Facilitating review periods with stakeholders (Business and Technology) to gain new insights into future Business goals and how to maximize the exploitation of Technology
● Aligning and maintaining the Technology service catalogue to 3-year business objectives; to identify technology gaps and priorities for action in annual planning
Operationalize the Strategy
● Maintaining the alignment and traceability of Technology services to strategic goals and 3-year business objectives in partnership with Enterprise Architecture; the “Technology Roadmap”
● Facilitating translation of Business and Technology priorities into a 3-year Technology plan - portfolio, priorities, innovations needed, working with Technology Business Partners, Finance and Technology Business management teams
Technology target state
● Accountable for maintaining and refreshing the Technology future state, aligned to Pearson strategy
● Validating and identifying the key business processes, dependencies and KPIs for new or evolving Technology services; demonstrating Technology value and driving prioritization of services
● Gaining outside-in views of digital businesses to inform and challenge the target state; bringing in digital-first approaches and industry standards
Marketing and Change Management
● Conducting reviews with Technology Business partners to gain insights to Market strategic goals and outlooks, and validating and evolving Technology strategy and target state
● Marketing Technology ‘roadmaps’ with Pearson leadership and gaining insights from them on expectations and longer-term demands from Technology
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Skills and Experience
A broad skillset - spanning Technology strategy definition, business analysis, change management, data analytics, marketing and stakeholder management.
Focus areas include:
● Proven experience in Technology strategy planning in a large global corporate environment
● Understand the role of Technology and the digital technology landscape (e.g. cloud, microservices, platforms, XaaS)
● Experience in translating company strategies into Technology services and goals, supported by business objectives and business model
● Experience of working with enterprise architects and strategy teams to create traceability between company strategy and technology enablement
● Experience of digital metrics and KPIs, using measures to demonstrate Technology value and impact on business long term plans and goals for growth
● Commercial awareness and able to understand financials
● Ability to translate high volumes of data and data points into consumable messages and action points - working with ambiguity and creating recommendations
● Change management proven skills to take leaders on a journey of change and adoption, both in new approach and ways of working and in embedding strategic driven change
● At least 7 years of experience in Technology strategy roles
● Ideally educated to degree level and preferably MBA in a relevant discipline
● Work across the Pearson organisation, build and manage complex relationships across both Technology and partner Business units (essential)
● Proficiently use presentation and spreadsheet tools, across Google or Microsoft
● Manage key deliveries to quality and deadlines, taking accountability and ownership to drive projects through to completion
● Deliver with a high attention-to-detail
● an analytical approach, identify trends and themes
● a customer delivery focused approach
● An enthusiastic approach to problem solving
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1907873
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.