Temporary Instructional Design and Development Administrator
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Online Scorer Training Development team designs and develops innovative and engaging learning solutions to equip trainees for success. This role will work with designers, developers, an LMS Administrator, and delivery team subject-matter experts (SMEs) to help create, proof, and edit engaging asynchronous training experiences for scorers of open-ended test responses. These solutions and associated tools and processes support the strategic initiatives of the Scoring Services organization.
The Associate Instructional Designer works alongside our Training Development team and uses a systematic process to analyze asynchronous training modules created by our team members, reviewing and proofing them for accuracy and consistency before final deployment during our peak design and development season. The Associate ID will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of content for learning and training solutions. The Associate ID will help determine appropriate approaches, methods, and tools for a given client solution based on knowledge of and experience with instructional design principals, adult-learning theory, and system capabilities, and on input from delivery team managers and SMEs.
- Works with IDs and developers to conduct quality assurance reviews of solutions and implement revisions (i.e., review, proof, and edit asynchronous training modules before final deployment).
- Reviews existing courses for quality, accuracy, and consistency, and works with team members and stakeholders to enhance training.
- Consults with design and development team and with internal clients (delivery team) to develop clear, engaging, instructive, and objective-driven training.
- Completes instructional design documentation to ensure quality and consistency.
- Partners regularly with team members and key stakeholders during solution development process.
- May assist in conceptualizing and storyboarding instructionally sound, interactive, engaging solution components.
- May design content for e-Learning delivery.
- Key relationships
- Design Team (Instructional Designers, e-Learning Developers, Multimedia Producers, Software Developers, managers)
Key performance indicators
- To ensure clear, accurate, engaging, and effective professional training for scorers of open-ended responses to standardized test questions.
- Candidate Profile: Skills / Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in instructional design
- Minimum 1 season of previous experience proofing scorer training modules.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, facilitation, and learner-centered activities.
- Experience in designing and creating online training modules, especially for use within a learning management system (LMS).
- Experience writing course content based on customer requirements and policies.
- Ability to provide instructional design consulting services to subject-matter experts.
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative in solution design.
- Experience designing for Instructor-Led Training sessions, job aids, or other printed material.
- Experience using Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, myProject, or other SCORM development tools and using e-learning development and instructional technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation required.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities to innovate; embraces continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to prioritize and work with a high volume of instructional modules and components for multiple projects while being flexible and adaptable, performing multiple tasks concurrently, and meeting strict budgets and deadlines.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment and to use collaboration tools to foster communication and facilitate completion of tasks.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience doing basic graphic design and image processing.
- Knowledge of and experience with assessments and testing (particularly large-scale summative assessment) a plus.
- Scoring experience a plus.
Primary Location: US-IA-Iowa City
Work Locations: US-IA-Iowa City-2510 North Dodge 2510 North Dodge Street Iowa City 52245
Job: Product Management
Organization: Assessments School
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 1, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1718659