The Industrial Territory Sales Manager (TSM) will achieve or exceed assigned sales and profitability goals by maintaining and growing sales of Castrol Industrial products and services in assigned territories through distribution and direct channel in Business to Business (B2B) environment.
This role is home based with the territory being Eastern Michigan. Ideally, the post holder will be located in or around the Metro Detroit area. Additionally, travel is required up to 75% of the time within the territory.
- Manage and develop a profitable portfolio of accounts and prospects.
- Manage customer cost to serve.
- Actively manage opportunity and risk pipeline.
- Utilize value selling skills to enhance customer offers and perception of value.
- Develop and manage relationships at multiple levels of customer organization.
- Participate in regular customer reviews.
- Engage in accurate demand forecasting.
- Conduct safety observation conversations with colleagues and distributors.
- Support Finance for credit and cash collection.
- Participate in the development of Distributor business development plans.
- Utilize technical knowledge in support of product applications - and engage appropriate support from Manager and Technical Team to fill gaps in expertise.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Volume delivered to target
- Gross margin delivered to target
- Price per liter delivered to target
- Accurate and proactive sales forecasting
- Business wins displacing competition.
Minimum of a High School Diploma required with 10 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 2 years industrial sales experience required.
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships and account relationships with customers.
- Ability to work remotely and autonomously, traveling up to 75% across the assigned territory (Eastern Michigan).