The Territory Sales Manager will sell, grow and support all Castrol Passenger Car business in the assigned territory through our distributor network and direct accounts. The role will support and share responsibility with Distributor Business Manager (DBM) in the overall distributor management and will manage assigned direct Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and National/Key Accounts.
This territory for this role is the State of Louisiana. This is a home based role with the preferred home-based location being Mid to Southern Louisiana, but the role is open to anyone living in the territory.
- Work with Wholesale Distributor Sales force in assigned area to drive BP/Castrol business
- Assist DBM in developing Distributor Sales Representatives (DSRs) capabilities to sell Castrol - demonstrate, teach and train on how to prospect using Castrol programs
- Support DSRs in developing business relationships with larger indirect accounts
- Assist DBM in overall distributor management including scorecard performance
- Assist in creation and execution of WD Sales & Marketing Plans
- Manage smaller volume WD within assigned geography that are not strategic in nature (Authorized distributors)
- Maximize profitable growth of Castrol brands with a focus on premium products and strategic segments
- Direct responsibility and management of direct accounts as defined (OEM, National and Key Accounts)
- Participate in the development of Distributor business development plans
Minimum of a High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience selling consumer products and/or commercial lubricants through a distributor channel.
- Proven ability in territory sales management including creative and fact-based selling, with experience selling to direct and indirect buying accounts.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and financial management skills experience relative to the profitable execution of sales plans.
- Solid ability to identify sources of value and overcome objections.
- Travel up to 75% required.