Test Center Manager-Harlingen, TX
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Test Center Manager to join our team based in Harlingen, TX.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Expand your career at Pearson VUE in our entry level Test Center Manager position for our Harlingen, TX location. You will utilize your communication and customer skills with external customers while also working to select new Test Administrators, provide job coaching, and fair performance appraisals to current employees.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates flexibility and teamwork.
- This is strictly a part-time position and will remain as such.
- This position is benefit eligible.
- Ability to work 20 to 30 hours per week with an expectation to work more hours as needed.
- Employees must be available to work various shifts between the hours of 7am - 10pm various shifts as scheduled, any day Monday through Friday.
- Ability to work approximately 2-3 Saturdays per month from 7am to 8pm.
- Available to address operational problems when not at test center.
60% of daily tasks are Test Administrator responsibilities:
- Performs on-time site opening and closing procedures.
- Understands all testing procedures.
- Checks in examinees, verifies identification, and explains the exam process.
- Monitors examinees while testing.
- Maintains a secure testing environment.
- Communicates with internal technical support to investigate and fix technical issues.
- Strictly adheres to company policies using careful judgment.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and clean testing center with light housekeeping duties.
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
40% of daily tasks are Test Center Manager responsibilities:
The Test Center Manager is the onsite manager of a small team of Test Administrator employees.
- Site staffing/hiring/retention/conflict resolution/scheduling.
- Trains, develops and coaches staff.
- First contact for facility issues.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience preferred.
- One year supervision experience in customer service preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Team leading and training skills, and exposure to a testing environment are strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and customer service skills are a must, delivered with focused attentiveness and moderate interaction.
- Must be flexible in work hours and days.
- Ability to complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner, and handle a reasonable amount of stress.
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows applications, Internet, and email.
- Ability to operate a computer, fax, and telephone.
- Must be able to work in a quiet, focused environmentand hear spoken words in soft voices.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs on occasion.Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time while escorting candidates back and forth, up to 50-100 times per scheduled shift, to and from the testing room. Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.Must be able to bend, stoop & lift from a stooped position.
- Must be able to see small details at a distance. Ability to see names clearly on id cards and the computer screen.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-TX-Harlingen
Work Locations: US-TX-Harlingen-222 East Van Buren 222 East Van Buren Suite 610 Harlingen 78550
Job: Testing Center
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1802346