Test Centre Administrator - Bristol
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the worlds most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Test Centre Administrator to join our team based in Bristol.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The appointed individual will be responsible for the efficient delivery of tests to candidates. This is achieved by following procedures and guidelines provided by the company, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times. The individual will also be responsible for the continual enhancement of the brand image.
Please note this is a Part Time position offering a minimum of 10 hours per week. This position is a permanent role but will not become a Full Time position.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure candidates’ needs are met with understanding and respect.
- Understand the testing needs and procedures for every Pearson VUE client and have the capability to adjust approach accordingly.
- Ensure all compliance standards relating to the test centre operation and Pearson VUE stringent security protocols are adhered to.
- Maintain professional relationships with colleagues and candidates.
- Ensure the integrity and security of tests are maintained and that they are supervised to the required standard.
- Comply with all incident reporting and escalation procedures.
- Maintain own competencies in all of the systems and procedures – requesting training as necessary.
- Comply with business needs on a day to day basis.
- Ensure personal responsibility for understanding and delivery of testing following updates and changes to client requirements / testing, as they occur.
- Assist and support business initiatives to maximise centre profitability.
- Perform other administrative tasks as required. Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
- All employees have a responsibility to co-operate in promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, and to take reasonable care of their own health and safety at work and that of all other staff that may be affected by their acts or omissions. Line managers have specific responsibility for the health and safety of their direct reports and other team members for which they have general management responsibility.
- All employees are also responsible for supporting and implementing the company’s policies and procedures around the Health and Safety, Security, Quality and Business Continuity arrangements that apply in their role/work function. Full details of these policies and procedures are available on SharePoint
- Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are in working order to deliver testing.
- Review transmission and error logs in locally operating software to ensure correct functionality (including schedule download and results upload processes).
- Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules.
- Review test schedule and ensure the preparation for candidates (including those with special needs) is made.
- Process candidates’ sign-in (including verification of candidate identity) according to Pearson VUE and client procedures.
- Explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries as required.
- Print and provide post-test score reports to candidates as required.
- Schedule appointments for possible call-in and/or walk-in candidates as required.
- Liaise with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Ensure all hours and leave are recorded and authorised within Company guidelines.
- Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the centre.
- Ensure all concerns are communicated to the Test Centre Manager in a timely manner.
- Undertake all accreditations and skills checks as required by the business.
- Support and deliver any events and alternative test delivery processes as defined, both in permanent and temporary locations.
- Undertake reasonable additional duties to ensure the smooth running of the test centre.
- You will be based in one of the Pearson VUE test centres.
- Some local travel to other PPC’s or temporary locations may be required.
- A flexible approach to working is essential for this position as opening hours and days will vary according to the volume of tests booked.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Good face-to-face communication skills.
- Competent in the use of Windows based applications; including Web Mail, Excel, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative within organisational guidelines to meet objectives.
- Ability to deal with conflict and work under pressure.
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in a testing environment.
- Minimum of 10 hours per week
- Full day and half day shifts will be required
- The office is open Monday to Friday 7:30am - 4:15pm, Saturday 7:30am - 12:15pm. The office will be open one late evening per week 10:30am - 7:15pm.
- You will be required to work a variety of days and specific days cannot be specified. We will let you know your work pattern at least 2 to 4 weeks in advance.
- Hourly Rate - £9.19 p/h.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Bristol
Work Locations: GB-Bristol-Crescent Centre The Crescent Centre - 3rd Flr Block E - Temple Back Bristol BS1 6EZ
Job: Testing Center
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 5, 2018
Job Unposting: Nov 15, 2018
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1814671
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.