Test Centre Administrator - Hastings
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a part time Test Administrator to join our team in Hastings.
Please note that this is a temporary position that will go through the end of December 2020
Starting pay is £9.30 per hour .
Your Health, Safety & Wellbeing during COVID-19
As a responsible employer, at Pearson VUE we take the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and test-taking candidates very seriously. At our company-owned test centers, we are following recommendations from the CDC and the World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting test candidates and our staff. Per the recommendations from global health organizations, we are implementing a strict cleaning regimen which includes providing hand sanitizer to test-taking candidates upon entering the test center and sanitizing the surface and equipment of each workstation after the end of every appointment. Any equipment used during the check-in process is also sanitized after every use. We are also implementing social distancing guidelines, which suggest 6 feet of space between individuals. Test centers may need to limit workstation availability to ensure that a safe distance can be maintained between candidates. We will continue to:
The Test Administrator position is responsible for providing a secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable friendly environment. In this position, you will be required to:
● Comply with all testing procedures and strictly adhere to company policies using careful judgment
● Check in testing candidates, verify identification, and explain the exam process
● Proctor / invigilate candidates while testing
● Troubleshoot with internal departments to fix technical issues
● Complete light housekeeping duties such as vacuuming the floors and sanitizing keyboards after each candidate has finished their examination
Our ideal candidate demonstrates teamwork, with the availability to work a variety of shifts.Candidate must be open to flexible scheduling.
We are recruiting for an additional member of staff to work in a small friendly team in Hastings. The test centre is open Mondays to Fridays and alternate Saturday mornings. You will be working a minimum of 16.5 hours over the week plus alternate Saturday mornings and will need to be available to work from 7:30am. Once a fortnight there is a late finish at 7:15pm, but generally your shift will end at 4:15pm.
This is strictly a part-time position and will remain as such,
Schedules are available at least 2 weeks in advance.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
● High school diploma or equivalent is required
● Customer service experience is preferred
● Experience proctoring or invigilating exams is highly preferred
● Must be flexible in work hours and days
● Beginner to intermediate experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time and also escort candidates to and from testing room. Must be able to bend, stoop and lift up to 20 lbs with reasonable accommodation.
● Must be comfortable in a quiet testing environment, hear soft voices and see details from a distance.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Hastings
Work Locations: GB-Hastings-Drury Philips House Drury Lane- Ponswood Industrial Estate, St Leonards on Sea Hastings TN38 9BA
Job: Testing Center
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Temporary Work
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2020
Job Unposting: Aug 12, 2020
Schedule: Part-time Temporary
Req ID: 2007243
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.