Test Centre Invigilator / Administrator - Basildon
Pearson VUE ( www.pearsonvue.com ) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the worlds most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
We are now hiring for a Test Centre Administrator to join our team based in Basildon .
Please note this is a part-time position offering a minimum of 11 hours per week, with an expectation to work more hours if the business requires. This position is a permanent role but will not become a full-time position.
- Minimum of 11 hours per week
- The office is open Monday to Wednesday 7:30am - 4:15pm, Thursday 10:30am - 7:15pm and Saturday 7:30am - 12:15pm.
- You will be required to work a variety of days and specific shifts cannot be specified. We will endeavour to let you know your work pattern 2 to 4 weeks in advance.
- A flexible approach to working is essential for this position as opening hours can vary according to business need
- Hourly Rate - £9.19 per hour
The appointed individual will be responsible for the efficient delivery of tests to candidates. This is achieved by following procedures and guidelines provided by the company to administrate and invigilate exams, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times. To find out more please watch the following video:https://youtu.be/JAaroSM1H10
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Ensure candidates’ needs are met with understanding and respect.
- Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are in working order to deliver testing.
- Process candidates’ sign-in (including verification of candidate identity) according to Pearson VUE and client procedures.
- Explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries as required.
- Ensure the integrity and security of tests are maintained and that they are supervised/invigilated to the required standard.
- Print and provide post-test score reports to candidates as required.
- Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules.
- Review test schedule and ensure the preparation for candidates (including those with special needs) is made.
- Understand the testing needs and procedures for every Pearson VUE client and have the capability to adjust approach accordingly.
- Ensure all compliance standards relating to the test centre operation and Pearson VUE stringent security protocols are adhered to.
- Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
- Comply with business needs on a day to day basis and undertake reasonable additional duties to ensure the smooth running of the test centre.
- Liaise with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Undertake all accreditations and skills checks as required by the business.
- Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the centre.
- Support and deliver any events and alternative test delivery processes as defined, both in permanent and temporary locations.
- You will be based in one of the Pearson VUE test centres but some local travel to other PPC’s or temporary locations may be required.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Good face-to-face communication skills with experience in a customer facing role
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must enjoy working with people, be comfortable in a quiet environment and have effective time management skills
- PC literate, comfort with the use of a full range of Microsoft Office and Windows applications
- Ability to deal with conflict and work under pressure
- Experience in a testing/invigilating environment is desirable but not essential
Primary Location: GB-GB-Basildon
Work Locations: GB-Basildon-Southgate House Suite 1A- Southgate House- Town Square Basildon SS14 1BN
Job: Testing Center
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 9, 2019
Job Unposting: Jun 21, 2019
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1907718
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.