Test Development Administrator
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Purpose of the role
- To work within the test development team which is responsible for developing and producing a range of English language tests
- To ensure that all materials and data are produced to schedule. A flexible, innovative and customer focused approach is essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of administrative processes and/or assessment principles is important to the role, as is the ability to cooperate with people and organise processes effectively.
- The ability to work proactively and use initiative to solve problems is important. The applicant will be expected to manage various aspects of the workload within the team as the need arises.
- The quality of question papers, audio tapes and mark schemes, or of question items for an item bank, approving them as valid and fit for purpose (accurately proofread, suggest and make improvements where necessary)
- Storing and retrieving test data from item banks using specific software (and taking responsibility for the organisation and update of the bank)
- Ensuring copyright is given for all source materials (and liaising with the legal team to ensure all copyright permission is sought, maintain records of this)
- Adhering to appropriate procedures at all stages
- Preparing statistical data for analysis
- Ensuring statistical data is updated accurately.
- Ensuring processes are followed accurately and maintain records of all item details and status so changes can be tracked.
- Ensuring a high standard of customer service
- Contributing to customer support
- Communicating effectively and sensitively with colleagues and customers around the world, from a variety of cultures
- Setting up meetings as required
Monitoring assessment associates (AAs)
- Ensuring contracts are sent out and signed.
- Receive, process and track all invoices/payments to AAs and external contractors.
Monitoring other staff
- Acting as line manager to contingent staff if required: give relevant training, give them appropriate tasks to utilise their time effectively, monitor their progress and take responsibility for the quality of their work
Advance IT skills
- Training on and use advanced IT packages; eg SQL query analysis, NERO sound editor, CERTS database, IIE editor
- Empathising with the aspirations behind the international market for English Language qualifications is essential
- Ability to understand and apply the assessment techniques in use in current UK specifications to other qualifications for example the application of all possible lines of evidence to secure appropriate award thresholds
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Ensure quality and security standards are always met
- Improving processes and finding efficiencies
- Working innovatively within defined processes
- International nature of business
- Working to tight deadlines
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Educated to Graduate or equivalent level
- Understanding of assessment issues
- International experience and/or cultural awareness is an advantage
- Understanding of ELT teaching or markets
- Knowledge of a second language
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Job: Professional Development
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 15, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1906433
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.