Test Development Administrator
Educating 100 million people worldwide and with offices in over 30 countries, Pearson is the global leader in educational publishing and qualifications, providing high quality qualifications and print and digital resource programmes to help students of all ages learn at their own pace, in their own way.
Assessment is part of the English and Schools Line of Business which brings together the world’s largest ELT publisher, provision for schools worldwide and high impact assessment solutions. English and Schools offer resources that are uniquely placed to provide an engaging, robust and high quality choice for many learners and centres. Our teams create a range of teaching, learning and assessment resources for deliverers and students of education wherever whenever.
Purpose of the role
- To work within the test development which is responsible for developing and producing a range of English language tests
- To ensure that all materials and data are produced to schedule. A flexible, innovative and customer focused approach is essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of administrative processes and/or assessment principles is important to the role, as is the ability to cooperate with people and organise processes effectively.
- The ability to work proactively and use initiative to solve problems is important. The applicant will be expected to manage various aspects of the workload within the team as the need arises.
- The quality of question papers, listening tapes and mark schemes, or of question items for an item bank, approving them as valid and fit for purpose (accurately proofread, suggest and make improvements where necessary)
- Storing and retrieving test data from item banks using specific software (and taking responsibility for the organisation and update of the bank)
- Ensuring copyright is given for all source materials (and liaising with the legal team to ensure all copyright permission is sought, maintain records of this)
- Adhering to appropriate procedures at all stages
- Preparing statistical data for analysis
- Ensuring statistical data is updated accurately.
- Ensuring processes are followed accurately and maintain records of all item details and status so changes can be tracked.
- Ensuring a high standard of customer service
- Contributing to customer support
- Communicating effectively and sensitively with colleagues and customers around the world, from a variety of cultures
- Setting up meetings as required
Monitoring assessment associates (AAs)
- Ensuring contracts are sent out and signed.
- Receive, process and track all invoices/payments to AAs and external contractors.
Monitoring other staff
- Acting as line manager to contingent staff if required: give relevant training, give them appropriate tasks to utilise their time effectively, monitor their process and take responsibility for the quality of their work
Advance IT skills
- Training on and use advanced IT packages; eg SQL query analysis, NERO sound editor, CERTS database, IIE editor
- Empathising with the aspirations behind the international market for English Language qualifications is essential
- Ability to understand and apply the assessment techniques in use in current UK specifications to other qualifications for example the application of all possible lines of evidence to secure appropriate award thresholds
- Working independently and as part of a team.
- Ensure quality and security standards are always met
- Improving processes and finding efficiencies
- Working innovatively within defined processes
- International nature of business
- Working to tight deadlines
- Educated to Graduate or equivalent level
- Understanding of assessment issues
- International experience and/or culturally aware is an advantage
- Understanding of ELT teaching or markets
- Knowledge of a second language
- Quality orientated with excellent attention to detail
- Highly numerate and experience of working with large sets of data
- Proven administrative skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a team
- Flexible; willing to cover for other people and meet challenging deadlines
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Job: Professional Development
Organization: Global Product
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 11, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802380