Test Development Specialist
The GED test has opened doors to better jobs and college programs for more than 20 million graduates since 1942. The GED test is accepted by virtually all U.S. colleges and employers. As the creator of the one official GED test, GED Testing Service has a responsibility to ensure that the program continues to be a reliable and valuable pathway to a better life for the millions of adults without a high school diploma. The organization continues to develop several new, innovative programs like GEDWorks. GED Testing Service is a joint venture between the American Council on Education and Pearson.
GED Testing Service® is part of Pearson VUE, the global leader in computer-based testing. Together GED Testing Service® and Pearson VUE are businesses of Pearson. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
The Test Development Specialist (TDS) is responsible for providing support in the coordination, implementation, execution, and control of specific project tasks while providing consistency with GEDTS strategy, commitments and goals. The TDS is accountable for meeting program schedules and resource fulfillment activities. The TDS will work closely with GEDTS and VUE staff including Test Development Managers, Program Managers, and Directors/VPs, as well as external vendors as necessary.
- Establish and manage day to day project schedules
- Track work status and coordination of deliverables
- Establish, maintain, and monitor project tasks and reports
Documentation, training, and communication:
- Establish and maintain process documents
- Establish, maintain and support project level documents as assigned (e.g., metrics, training materials and job aids)
- Manage and archive project documents
- Complete and support training as needed
- Create and manage JIRA tickets
- Communicate with internal and external team staff to resolve issues and insure timely and accurate deliverables
- Manage permissions documentation (e.g., usage reports, tracking spreadsheets, and payment requests)
- Communicate with team and coordinate with Permissions group to ensure all permission are up to date and request new permissions as needed.
Key Review and Fact Checking
- Manage Key Review process including documentation, tasks, and communications with contractors
- Manage Fact Checking process including documentation, tasks, and communications with contractors
- Manage Committee process including documentation and completion of tasks
- Prepare and post committee materials (e.g., judgement forms, honorarium forms/invoices)
- Communicate with committee members and contractors on recruitment, logistics, and payment
- Support the content team with training materials and note taking as needed
- Facilitate internal Data Review as needed
- Schedule meetings, draft meeting agendas, and take notes for meetings
In primary collaboration with GEDTS Program Management Team:
- Support communication across teams
- Support project planning and risk analysis
- Support Root Cause Analysis investigations, documentation, tracking and preventative action oversight.
- Manage and prepare reports for Item Development Plans (IDPs) with input from content and psychometric team members
Special Projects and Vendor Coordination
External Vendor/Contractor Management:
- Support communication and deliverables with external vendors/contractors for item/passage development, braille, screen-reader, paper, spanish etc.
- Manage processes and materials for external vendors/contractors as needed
- Facilitate meetings as needed
- Coordinate and monitor invoicing and payments to content item writers, reviewers, consultants, and vendors.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, or related field, required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a role that supported project or program management, required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in assessment, curriculum development, instruction, and/or educational publishing, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in large-scale educational measurement including involvement in test construction, item development, standards alignment, and test design, preferred
- General knowledge of all phases of the development, processing, scoring and reporting of large-scale assessments, required
- Experience with Pearson School and/or Pearson VUE systems and processes, preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills required
- Strong project planning and organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate a variety of different projects and individuals and to adapt to unforeseen and unexpected requests or changes in priorities required
- Effective and efficient time management skills and multitasking skills
- Great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required
- Ethics and integrity a must
- Initiative and perseverance a must
- Excellent relationship management skills
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-Remote
Job: Professional Development
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 26, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809254
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled