Test Publishing Quality Assurance Analyst
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the worlds most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Test Publishing Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team based in Salford Quays.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, and we are now hiring for a Test Publishing Quality Assurance (TPQA) Analyst to join our team based in Salford Quays.The TPQA Analyst is responsible fora variety of tasks with the ultimate objective of ensuring that the quality of published exams and output from the test publishing team meets the quality standards set by both the organisation and the client in question.
- Work with the Test Publishing, Content Development and Programme Management teams to provide a high standard of Quality Assurance for all tasks assigned to the TPQA team.
- Understand and be comfortable using Pearson VUE’s proprietary software including the test driver, delivery manager and registration manager to run a full end-to-end quality check of an exam.
- Proactively plan for the future attainment of goals.
- Effective and timely completion of personal objectives, requested reports and administration requests, in addition to documentation of systems and processes.
- At all times, throughout all tasks, request support, assistance and guidance as required from manager.
- Work closely with Test Publishers to create effective test plans for product assessment, developing procedures for streamlining the QA process and documenting procedures and maintaining the QA system environment.
- Review client exams for consistency with source files.
- Proactively analyse and make recommendations to improve exam publishing and QA processes.
- Use common-sense to provide detailed, timely, efficient tracking and reporting on all assigned projects.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Higher educational qualification required, preferably in a technology related field.
- Experience and understanding of Quality Assurance methodologies.
- Detailed, logical and common-sense approach to objectives, goals and projects.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, coupled with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Fast-paced completion of objectives and tasks, evidence of a high energy approach.
- Proven problem identification and solving skills.
- The ability to work in a dynamic team environment coupled with the ability to successfully communicate to all audience types and across multiple cultures.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Good communication skills allowing staff to provide feedback on issues found with exams to be discussed and addressed in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to remain consistent and steadfast with tasks assigned.
- Excellent customer service and skills.
- Flexibility related to workflow and changing priorities required.
- Proven outstanding level and knowledge of English language (written and verbal).
- Fully valid, non-restrictive passport.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office applications, including the ability to install basic Windows programs and applications.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
- Working experience in Windows, and a Microsoft network.
- Experience in areas of forecasting and prioritizing assigned tasks strongly preferred.
- Process improvement methodology knowledge.
- Knowledge of another European or non-European language would be beneficial.
- Normal office environment, 37.5 hours per week.
- Flexibility required to work additional hours to meet client needs and to work with colleagues globally.
- Occasional visits to other offices may be required.
- Salary - £24,500
Primary Location: GB-GB-Manchester
Work Locations: GB-Manchester-The Lighthouse The Lighthouse, 14 The Quays Salford Quays Manchester M50 3BF
Job: Professional Development
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 12, 2018
Job Unposting: Feb 26, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1800903