Job DescriptionJob Summary
Providing first line IT support to HMRC and UKBA users for a wide range of applications and infrastructures via different forms of communication (calls, web chat, and email).
Key responsibilities include:
Maintaining a professional and helpful character
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintaining a professional and helpful character
- Diagnosing and repairing user’s issues
- Logging information accurately and as precise as possible
- Delivering a high quality of service to callers
The role of a Tier 1 analyst involves taking calls and chats from users, listening to and analysing the issues that users experience, and progressing the call accordingly. Whether that be through trying to fix the issue with the available fixes, or assigning the case to the appropriate team for resolution. A key part of the role is data capturing. This involves logging tickets in full detail, ensuring the information is clearly and concisely written which will enable other agents and the resolving teams to know exactly what the issue is, and have all the information they require to resolve it.
Main responsibilities and tasks include being a professional and helpful character, being a flexible person who can adapt to any situation. The purpose of the role is to support and provide IT assistance to HMRC and UKBA workers, enabling them to have the maximum use of the technology and IT infrastructure available to them.
The objective for this role is to offer support services for any IT equipment supplied by HMRC for HMRC workers.Qualifications and Skills
Minimum of 12 months experience working on a government IT helpdesk.
Completed ITIL V3 Foundation IT service management course.
Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services offers a wide range of Employee Benefits comprising:
- Corporate Group Income Protection Pension - Defined Contributions Scheme
- Leave entitlement - 22 days on joining, rising to 25 days after 1 year and 27 days after 10 years’ service
- Corporate life assurance (x 4 salary)
- Voluntary travel insurance
- Voluntary personal accident cover
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Non-contractual bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
RCDTS Reference: ZR_217_JOB