Trainer - International GCSE - Arabic as a First Language
Closing date: 22 April 2019 at midnight
Are you experienced in delivering thought-provoking, engaging and valued qualification based training and (or) professional development to teachers? Are you passionate about sharing best practice in your subject area?
Pearson Edexcel is looking to recruit trainers for our International GCSE Arabic qualification.
As an International Qualifications Trainer you will be responsible for delivering full day, half day and online qualification-based courses.
International Qualifications Trainers are required to keep up to date with changes in the education sector, the latest developments in their subject and specialist areas of pedagogy/teaching and learning.
You will have the opportunity to work with our internal support teams on continual improvement of professional development courses. You may be required to undertake international travel.
As an International Qualifications Trainer you will be required to undertake the following:
Pre Event Preparation: ·
- Attend in-house briefing provided by Pearson Edexcel to develop an in-depth understanding of our courses and materials.
- Attend training sessions to develop technical skills necessary to deliver online events.
- Practice with resources to be fully confident and competent in their use.
- Ensure that all objectives are met within the training session.
- Deal appropriately with all customer queries in a professional manner.
- Deliver the agreed training session in line with guidelines from the regulator and Pearson Edexcel.
- Complete and submit a summary feedback form for every session delivered.
Experience and qualifications required: ·
- You will have a relevant teaching degree and more than one years’ experience teaching the relevant subject area.
- You will have experience of delivering effective training to adult delegates.
- You will have an excellent understanding of the relevant qualification and assessment principles.
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to deliver the training.
- You will have teaching or experience in the relevant subject and level.
- You will have strong presentation and communication skills.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You will be competent using Microsoft Office and should have demonstrable experience of using technology to support your training delivery.
- You will have the ability to manage the learning and development of a range of teaching professionals who may bear a range of differing viewpoints.
- You will have a positive attitude towards all forms of feedback.
- You will have a commitment to your own professional development.
- You will represent Pearson Edexcel appropriately whilst delivering training according to our contractual terms and conditions.
- You will be required to deliver using materials prepared by our team of qualification-based writers. The delivery of these materials should be consistent with the quality and standards required by Pearson Edexcel and the regulator.