At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Service Delivery team is a newly formed dynamic, fast moving team supporting all parts of our UK Higher Education business to identify, win and deliver with excellence services and products that support teaching and learning in a blended or online environment. In 2018 the team will be supporting revenue targets in excess of £17m.
As part of the Digital Courseware Experience team, Training Consultants provide training and support services to university educators who are actively considering or already using Pearson courseware products as part of their module delivery. This role provides the support lecturers need to:
- Understand how Pearson digital courseware can complement their teaching strategy
- Create a usage plan and identify key goals for use
- Set up chosen courseware in line with requirements and goals
- Use key functionality throughout delivery as required achieve success
The successful candidate will have a passion for education and relationship building, along with good problem-solving skills and commitment to providing a first-class customer experience.
This role is territory based and will cover the North of England, Scotland and Ireland. Training Consultants are field based and work between home and university campuses where potential or current customers are based to meet them in person. It is therefore expected that any candidate will be based within this region.
- Scope and define educator training requirements according to desired learning outcomes and optimum user experience through on-going consultation and engagement meetings early in the sales cycle.
- Create, document and & execute bespoke training & service plans matched to your institutions defined learning outcomes, agreed training needs and course goals.
- Provide technical support as needed throughout term time in conjunction with Support teams do deliver optimal customer experience.
- Continue to evaluate your customer’s experience and use of their chosen products through access to data analytics providing usage reports enabling you to make informed interventions.
- Schedule regular touch points with all your customers, conduct and document regular evaluation meetings to assess performance of chosen digital solution against learning outcomes.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of Pearson’s internal digital certification programme, including running face to face and online training for your team.
- Identify renewal and at-risk business and suggest plans for up-sell, improvement and increased retention working on a strategy in conjunction with your territory team.
- Support territory team, with area strategic planning and on campus activities identified to drive digital courseware adoptions. Will include presentations to management and/or teaching staff as well as students.
- Maintain expert level knowledge around the full range of digital courseware and services the business supports.
- Record and update all customer interactions in salesforce, notifying sales team appropriately.
- Support pilots and early adopter schemes as required in your territory
- Encourage educators to provide testimonials, case studies, and efficacy studies with support from Marketing / Product teams
- Provide leads for faculty advisor programme
- Network and join relevant online teaching and learning communities in your territory.
- Regularly contribute market feedback on request and at arranged Sales, Marketing and DCX events.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years sector experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of learning technologies used in HE
- Presence and experience to work at all management levels across a university
- Confident and able networker with an ability to form trusted relationships, influence and lead at all levels, often in virtual teams
- Demonstrate attitude and behavior consistent with Pearson values
- Driven, highly motivated and independent worker
- Willingness to travel extensively (full driving license)
- Teaching experience
- Sales experience
- Professional accreditation in training
- A technical background
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Feb 8, 2018
Job Unposting: Mar 9, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1802213