Supply Chain- THub
Upto £25,000 plus potential bonus + fantastic benefits
This is a full time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a developing department within a global business as a Transport Service Specialist.
Your role will involve driving service performance by proactively identifying and resolving potential service issues, communicating them as they are identified. It would be great if you have a second language this will help you when you are in regular contact with our warehouses, distribution and carriers who work in this region.
Our head office in York was chosen to become the base of our European Transport Hub. The Hub has responsibility for planning and executing Nestlé’s transportation within Europe which will simplify and standardise our European transportation processes. We will be managing the transport of intermarket flows between Nestlé‘s European factories and distribution centres, as well as inbound raw and packaging materials from our major suppliers where opportunity arise.
A day in the life of Transport Service Specialist.
Reporting into the Transport Execution Leader, you will perform a variety of roles that range from tracking loads, to working with carriers to finding solutions to delays, dealing with the unexpected but ultimately ensuring that all European market queries are dealt with and every load arrives. All this whilst supporting the KPI balance of cost and service.
Responsibilities will include:
• Monitoring live loads within a transportation plan to ensure on-time delivery.
• Identifying and where necessary escalating potential issues, implementing solutions to maintain customer service expectations.
• Proactively communicating to internal and external stakeholders regarding load status and resolution action plans.
• Identifying issues related to not meeting expected standards affecting : carriers, distribution centres, factories, and work with wider team to develop effective solutions
• Working with European Supply Chain teams to drive toward zero Transport failures.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate a strong customer service mindset, be proactive, creative and able to find solutions to short and long term issues.
Other key attributes:
• Ability to effectively communicate amongst stakeholder with the ability to build effective working relationships across Europe internally and externally.
• Ideally but not essential to have experience and an understanding of international or domestic transport operations, or any other function within Supply Chain, alternatively we will consider strong administration experience.
• Proven problem solving mindset and resilient attitude.
• You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of some, or all elements of supply chain processes and have experience in a customer service/logistics operational environment.
• Be fluent in English (speaking and writing) – Essential.
• Ability to speak a second language - Preferred
• Confident using Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus some bank holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 18th May 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.