The Turnaround Manager will provide leadership to the Whiting Refinery Turnaround (TAR) Team. As the Turnaround Manager, you will serve as a valued member of the Maintenance Leadership Team. You will collaborate with key stake holders including Operations, Projects, Inspection, HSSE, Maintenance, and Technical to plan and accomplish all Whiting Refinery Turnaround Activity. You lead the TAR team in facilitating the successful completion of all turnarounds in a safe, environmentally compliant, and high quality manner that meets the TAR schedule and budget. You will work in partnership with your team to develop the scope, budget and schedule for the Turnarounds. Additionally, you will foster a safe and inclusive culture for your team that focuses on running safely and reliably, and promoting the BP Values.
- Accountable for delivery of the TAR program within the sanctioned plans (DSP). This includes the following:
- Integration of the unit shutdowns, startups and TAR mechanical work activities into a master schedule during the Define Stage and delivery of the TAR within those schedule boundaries. This further includes providing bridge of information that explains bench mark deltas. With a goal of reaching 1Q/2Q Solomon performance.
- Accountable for providing accurate cost and schedule estimates for all approved work scope including change orders.
- Execution within the agreed boundaries of safety, environment, quality, schedule, cost, intended Unit rates and durations.
- Responsible for jointly approving change orders with the Deputy Operations Manager.
- Maintain and develop capability for the Refinery to carry out the turnaround strategy and to deliver the Refinery TAR portfolio development and execution.
- Appoint and mentor the TAR Event Managers and TAR Superintendents.
- Owner of TAR systems/work processes for the development and execution of TARs
- Owner of the TAR Common Process and accountable for providing the leadership to drive the TAR Team and all stake holders (Operations, Projects, Inspection, HSSE, Maintenance, Technical) to meet TAR Common Practice milestones.
- Facilitate the Refinery TAR Steering Team meetings.
- Measures and reports on Refinery TAR capability and performance.
- Continuously improve site TAR planning and execution capability working with the Refining Technology and Engineering (RTE) Turnaoround Support Team.
- Interface with other departments for effective turnaroundFront End Loading ( FEL) and execution.
- Connect the Refinery to the central functions and other Refineries; represents the Refinery on the TAR CIF.
- Engages with the Turnaround FEL Advisor to perform assessments at agreed upon stages of TCP.
- Provide Leadership to support a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Provide leadership to maintain a safe work environment by supporting a proactive HSSE program.
- Develop TAR specific HSSE plans to establish a common framework of rules and expectations.
- Accountable for the environmental performance during the execution of the mechanical work.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of the 10 year TAR Strategy for the Refinery and execution of those plans to meet the annual budget each year.
- Accountable for the development of TAR Resource Requirements and Plans, assigning resources under direct control and providing the TAR Gatekeeper with recommendations for other requirements.
- Accountable for the review of plans for TAR Projects in order to provide input concerning cost and schedule estimates and constructability during FEL.
- Accountable for the execution of TAR Projects on safety, quality, schedule and cost.
- Accountable for Contractor Relationship Management activities.
A High School Diploma is required. A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a Technical discipline is highly preferred.
- 15 Years of refinery or petrochemical site maintenance experience
- 10 years of Turnaround experience
- 5 years of experience leading direct reports