The Turnaround Superintendent is responsible for the successful planning and execution of turnarounds at the Toledo Refinery. As the Turnaround (TAR) Superintendent, you will lead a team in preparing the scope of future turnarounds and ensuring the safe, environmentally sound, and on budget completion of the current turnarounds. You will collaborate with the operations, maintenance, projects, and engineering teams to ensure that the appropriate turnarounds are slated in order to ensure the refinery continues to operate with the highest level of reliability and optimization. As the Turnaround Superintendent, you will oversee turnarounds that range in scope and cost from $30M to $300M per year.
- Estimate and plan TARs expenditure early enough, and with sufficient accuracy, to create the flexibility and opportunity for timely business decisions.
- Ensure all the appropriate Turnaround work scope is captured and aligned with the Refinery Availability, Reliability and Commercial goals.
- Participates as member of the Refining Turnaround Continuous Improvement Forum.
- Develop TAR plans (HSSE, Quality, Schedule, and Cost) are consolidated into a clear, continuously updated and transparent accessible format.
- Take a disciplined approach to efficiently & effectively execute TARs following the TAR Common Process (TCP).
- Develop and implement plans to deliver 2Q Solomon MEI performance in terms of cost and 1Q in terms of duration.
- Understand & practice Continuous Improvement. Leads the reviews and improvement of the existing TAR work processes, as well as, implement new processes. Provide training on TAR work processes thus allowing the improvements to be effectively implemented.
- Broaden Organization awareness, engagement and alignment around TAR planning preparations and efficient execution.
- Ensure the broader Organization understand their roles and responsibilities within the TAR workflow processes and are delivering per the agreed expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required. A Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 8 years of experience in maintenance, turnarounds, or capital projects in heavy manufacturing environment
- Experience leading a team
- Experience planning and executing projects or turnarounds
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Strong communication and presentation skills